Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,073 Posts
I'm more interested in why they call #9 - the Civic Type R - "STUPID FAST"

I mean...it's impressive and it would blow a stock turbo ST's doors off in almost every situation...but we drive cars that are not fast. I'd call it quick at best, as well as the Focus RS.

·
Registered
73 Posts

I mean...it's impressive and it would blow a stock turbo ST's doors off in almost every situation...but we drive cars that are not fast. I'd call it quick at best, as well as the Focus RS.
I haven't driven one, but I agree, haven't heard the term "stupid fast" throw around with an American-sold Honda.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I would agree... the 19 SS is gross. but the ZL1 isn't ... and I don't know anyone thinks it is.

I mean it is all personally opinion, otherwise they wouldn't have designed it that way

1509558190912.jpg

·
Registered
26 Posts
Buick isn't #1?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I can't believe the Renault Kwid didn't make that list...

·
Registered
1,430 Posts

Pretty much the fastest fwd car you can get. Look at some of the cars its faster than at the Ring:
7:43.8 - Type R
7:43.65 - GTR in 2010
7:44 - v10 R8 in '09
7:44 - freakin Zonda (lol, ok from '02 but still)
7:44.42 - AMG SRS in '10

If i would have told you a fwd civic would be faster than any of those cars when they were new, you would have laughed out off the site.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Even think about it, in 2010 the Gumpert Apollo was considered to about as crazy as a supercar gets, balls to the wall n' all. Yet it is still only 20 seconds faster than a Honda civic is today. And you can get around 18 fully loaded CTR for what the Apollo was back then...
So yeah. For a completely stock and Road legal production car that is FWD, it is stupid fast.

·
Registered
88 Posts
probably not available in enough markets, the author of the article is based in Detroit and might not even know what a Kwid is
Chap can consider himself lucky then, because in my opinion, it's HIDEOUS!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts