Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just traded in my 2008 Caliber SRT4 today for a magnetic ST1. Wasn't really planning on doing anything right now, but my local dealer had the ST1 for $18,249 and I just couldn't pass on it. I had the SRT since new, it served me well for the better part of 9 years. Looking forward to getting to know the ST car and the community!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I will say this for starters, that shifter in the ST feels like every other manual I've ever owned SHOULD have felt. Damn, I love rowing that thing!

·
Administrator
11,863 Posts
Thanks! I will say this for starters, that shifter in the ST feels like every other manual I've ever owned SHOULD have felt. Damn, I love rowing that thing!
Welcome aboard, and the shifter gets even better with some mods!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Welcome! and like @Duece McCracken said, you can make the shifter even better. If you like rowing it, some new bushings will make it even more precise and gives a bit of a mechanical feel to it. A lot of us have also shortened the shifter, there are a few different options for that depending on how far you want to go!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Appreciate the warm welcome and advice! I saw a Torque Solutions short shifter, anybody have one?

·
Administrator
11,863 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts