Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some options on all season tires to use for end of summer but also can use in the winter. Options?

·
Premium Member
3,576 Posts
You'd be happier with having two sets, you will be compromising a lot of performance during dry road driving.

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
Definitely man I don't plan to have them put till closer to winter cause I do plan to get 2 sets.
2 sets is best, but if you want an all season that can handle snow I would say the Cooper Zeon RS3-As. I ran them for the tail end of a winter in '13 and a full winter in '14. Loved them but was sad come summer that I didn't have a proper summer tire.

If you are curious I wrote a review back when I had them. I would personally own them again without a doubt.
http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-wheels-tires/31374-cooper-zeon-rs3-review-noob-snow.html

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2 sets is best, but if you want an all season that can handle snow I would say the Cooper Zeon RS3-As. I ran them for the tail end of a winter in '13 and a full winter in '14. Loved them but was sad come summer that I didn't have a proper summer tire. If you are curious I wrote a review back when I had them. I would personally own them again without a doubt. http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-wheels-tires/31374-cooper-zeon-rs3-review-noob-snow.html
Thanks man definitely going to take a look at them.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I have a set of Michelin Primacy MXV4's on my Toyota that I've been very happy with. Solid traction in all weather and they've worn very well over the last two years. I can hit a cloverleaf at nearly 70 on 195/60R15 without feeling like I'm about to fly off the road.

Unfortunately that tire isn't offered in an ST-friendly size, but the Pilot Sport A/S 3 is the next step up, fits the ST, and seems to be favorably reviewed on Tire Rack. I've also heard good things about the Conti ExtremeContact DWS 06, they're also highly rated on Tire Rack and appear to be $100+ cheaper for a set.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I run Blizzaks for winter. Next summer tire is going to be BFG Sport Comp 2's, cheap at Costco and same performance as the Eagle F1 summmers. Stiff sidewalls to maintain the crisp turn-in of these cars, my favorite handling trait of these. ;) never compromise on tires, use the best equipment for the job if possible.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have the DWS06 in 245/40. I've been very happy with them so far. Turn in is not as sharp but there is much less torque steer. I'll take that trade off.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I would suggest a set of summers and any set of winters. I currently run Michelin Super sports and the Bridgestone blizzaks. But to be honest it doesn't really matter which snow tire you choose. Snow tires are going to be hands down better than ANY all season tire in the winter time.
But if you want an all season tire and still have a little performance, check out the Yokohama advan sport a/s

1 - 9 of 9 Posts