Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I needed to change my brake pads and during the process realized my front left caliper was shot. I ordered a new caliper and new rotors while I was at it.
I went to rock auto made sure to go to 2014 Ford Focus St and get the OEM quality rotors. I ordered Motorcraft BRRF320 rotors.

Everything installed fine and I need to bleed my brakes so I reluctantly took it to Tiresplus down the street to have them bleed them.

They called me and said "These rotors are for the base model. They aren't wide enough." Any advice?

·
Registered
463 Posts
There were two rotors used in 2014. There were the 12.6"(early) and 13.1"(later) sizes.

Take your factory rotors to the shop and have them hold them face to face to prove who's right.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol well I was the one who wrong.
I have a 14 AFTER 3/31 and I received rotors from before 3/3/1.
It's just a bummer because in the description for my RockAuto order it didn't say anything about the diameter or whether it fit before 3/31 or after 3/31.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Lol well I was the one who wrong.
I have a 14 AFTER 3/31 and I received rotors from before 3/3/1.
It's just a bummer because in the description for my RockAuto order it didn't say anything about the diameter or whether it fit before 3/31 or after 3/31.
You should have noticed if you saw the rotor yourself since it would have been a little dinky rotor vs our nice big 14.5 rotors :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,726 Posts
You should have noticed if you saw the rotor yourself since it would have been a little dinky rotor vs our nice big 14.5 rotors :cool:
Hey, who's saying the 13's have small rotors lol. CameraZOOM-20170204182124028.jpg

Reactions: brian60
1 - 7 of 7 Posts