Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do these require any special modifications to install? Going to have the YCW suspension installed by a professional, just looking to get some back ground and opinions here before diving in.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I liked it a lot for what it was made for and a no hassle configuration. Want something adjustable with a better performance range. Guess it's like buying smaller turbo then realizing you want something more once you get familiar. My ST is becoming more of a tinker and toy car so daily driving considerations are not much of a factor as weekend fun factor.

·
Registered
311 Posts
If you want to take advantage of the on car camber adjustability, you need to drill a 3" hole on the top of the strut tower. Other than that, it's a direct swap r & r ing what you have now.
You can just make the adjustments though and install them and most people will never touch it again. If you want the ON CAR adjustment, yes you need to drill a hole but that would be the same for ANY coilover that has an adjustable top hat.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I just got my YCW's and I am more than happy with them. They are great quality and ride rather well. The adjustability is great to have.

Reactions: UnfocusedST

·
Registered
311 Posts
Did you cut the strut tower hole? Any details on that?
Yep. Just a 3" bi-metal hole drill bit then use a file to get rid of any of the burs then some touch up paint to cover the bare metal.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I liked it a lot for what it was made for and a no hassle configuration. Want something adjustable with a better performance range. Guess it's like buying smaller turbo then realizing you want something more once you get familiar. My ST is becoming more of a tinker and toy car so daily driving considerations are not much of a factor as weekend fun factor.
So you were happy with the clubsport as a daily suspension? I'm about to get it, but don't want to be disappointed.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
So you were happy with the clubsport as a daily suspension? I'm about to get it, but don't want to be disappointed.
I have heard nothing but great things about it... just installed this setup on a car this past weekend and the driver has said nothing but great things about it. he dailies the car and said it is night and day difference.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I also recently installed the Clubsport Kit and love it! I daily drive it and occasionally autocross in the summer.

Threadjacking - sorry! Good luck with the new coilover kit :)

·
Registered
1,900 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
I've got the club sports, had it for about 50,000 miles.

The ride quality of the Clubsports is pretty awesome when brand new, 50k later it's pretty crashy. The springs are in great shape, but the shocks (especially in the rear) are ready to be replaced. When you hit potholes, there's a definite ker-chunk!

I'm about to swap my sway bars back to the stock ones and put new stock bushings back in it. I think that will help free up motion in the suspension again, and it will also help grip on the street since the roads in Portland have degraded so much over the last 3 years.

In retrospect, I would buy again, but make sure you have new top hats installed, don't reuse the stockers, and don't fuss with the swaybars or bushings.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts