Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats goin on. Few months back, posted a thread herefor my ST. At the time crazy misfires all over the place one night, ended up finding out I blew the piston on CYL #4. B
Pulled out the block and pretty much got to work on it. So far I received the block and heads back from my machinist. Did pretty much whatever they could with the problems they found besides the piston.
Had few valve guides worn, and replaced seals on the heads. Had it checked and cleaned out. Both now back with me. And looks so perrty.

Anyways, bunch of parts still comin my way. And some I have already.
What I have/will have so far:

Injen 3" Cold Air Intake - Have
Radium 4 port AUX Fuel System - On the Way
Radium Fuel Surge Tank System w/ AEM E85 FST-R - Have
Forged Mahle Pistons - On the Way
Forged Manley H beam rods w/ king bearings - On the way
Gasket overhaul set from SP63 - On the Way
Keyed Pulley and Gear from SP63 - On the Way
Garret GTX2867r Gen 2 from stratified with tune - Have turbo, tune not set up yet obviously
Spec Stage 2+ clutch with Spec Aluminum Flywheel - Have clutch, flywheel on the way
WaveTrac Limited Slip Diff - Have
Radium PVC baffle Plate - Have
Damond Catch Can - Have
Damond Side mount + Trans Mount - On the way
Stratified Auto Guardian Angel v3 with 4 Bar MAP Sensor - Have
Mishimoto FMIC - Have
Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator - Have
X4 Axle Upgrades - On the Way
Cobb Access V3 - Have
cPe Exhale Kit w/ Tial BOV - On the Way

Boomba Short Throw Shifter with bushings - Have
TSW Nurburgring - Have
Michelin Pilot Sport 3's - Have
AWE Track Edition Cat Back Exhaust Resonated Diamond Black Tips - Have
MBRP Catless Downpipe - Have
Boomba Wing Riser - On the Way
Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood TV-Style - On the Way

My goals are between 400-500 ponies at the wheels. Hopefully run 11 sec in the quarter at the drag. And one day would love to take it to a real track to get the full experience out of it.
Will be workin with Stratified in the comin months, as soon as I get this done, to dial it in.

I think thats basically it. Really just kinda wanted to video blog the stuff I do. So Ill leave a link to my videos and will post pics on here when I can, Cause this crap is just freakin awesome. Awesome learning process. Awesome experience. Gonna definitely have a blast building the beast. Have a video to go along with it. Kinda cringe but hope you guys are fine with it. If not, oh well. If there's any advice that the veterans would like to give me, Im definitely open to it. Feel free to leave questions too. Ill try to answer them best I can. Will leave a couple photos of the block n stuff. Cant wait to finish this man!

Black N Gold Color Scheme
GOPR0407[1].JPG

Piston Number 4. Big ol yikes.
GOPR0406[1].JPG

Fresh Machined Block. Shiny.
GOPR0408[1].JPG

Will be doing the diff Pretty soon hopefully.
GOPR0410[1].JPG

Freshly cleaned head. Shmexy.
GOPR0409[1].JPG

- Walkthrough of the build and whats to come.

P.S Yes, the garage in the video is very dirty haha. Will try to clean up and organize before the the forged internals make its way over. And yeah, sound sick in the video. Weird weather here right now.

P.S.S I did mention in the video that I had a fuel surge tank for the ST. Also mentioned I would be able to run full E85. I think Im wrong bout it. But I do know the main purpose for the fuel surge tank though.
Was thinking since I have an e85 pump inside, I can run full E85. Im hearing though our HPFP's dont like full on E85 and neither does the aluminum block. Anyways, like I said if theres anything I mention in the video or videos to come thats wrong, please do correct my ass. Still learning alot haha.

·
Super Moderator
7,145 Posts
Whats goin on. Few months back, posted a thread herefor my ST. At the time crazy misfires all over the place one night, ended up finding out I blew the piston on CYL #4. B
Pulled out the block and pretty much got to work on it. So far I received the block and heads back from my machinist. Did pretty much whatever they could with the problems they found besides the piston.
Had few valve guides worn, and replaced seals on the heads. Had it checked and cleaned out. Both now back with me. And looks so perrty.

Anyways, bunch of parts still comin my way. And some I have already.
What I have/will have so far:

Injen 3" Cold Air Intake - Have
Radium 4 port AUX Fuel System - On the Way
Radium Fuel Surge Tank System w/ AEM E85 FST-R - Have
Forged Mahle Pistons - On the Way
Forged Manley H beam rods w/ king bearings - On the way
Gasket overhaul set from SP63 - On the Way
Keyed Pulley and Gear from SP63 - On the Way
Garret GTX2867r Gen 2 from stratified with tune - Have turbo, tune not set up yet obviously
Spec Stage 2+ clutch with Spec Aluminum Flywheel - Have clutch, flywheel on the way
WaveTrac Limited Slip Diff - Have
Radium PVC baffle Plate - Have
Damond Catch Can - Have
Damond Side mount + Trans Mount - On the way
Stratified Auto Guardian Angel v3 with 4 Bar MAP Sensor - Have
Mishimoto FMIC - Have
Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator - Have
X4 Axle Upgrades - On the Way
Cobb Access V3 - Have
cPe Exhale Kit w/ Tial BOV - On the Way

Boomba Short Throw Shifter with bushings - Have
TSW Nurburgring - Have
Michelin Pilot Sport 3's - Have
AWE Track Edition Cat Back Exhaust Resonated Diamond Black Tips - Have
MBRP Catless Downpipe - Have
Boomba Wing Riser - On the Way
Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood TV-Style - On the Way

My goals are between 400-500 ponies at the wheels. Hopefully run 11 sec in the quarter at the drag. And one day would love to take it to a real track to get the full experience out of it.
Will be workin with Stratified in the comin months, as soon as I get this done, to dial it in.

I think thats basically it. Really just kinda wanted to video blog the stuff I do. So Ill leave a link to my videos and will post pics on here when I can, Cause this crap is just freakin awesome. Awesome learning process. Awesome experience. Gonna definitely have a blast building the beast. Have a video to go along with it. Kinda cringe but hope you guys are fine with it. If not, oh well. If there's any advice that the veterans would like to give me, Im definitely open to it. Feel free to leave questions too. Ill try to answer them best I can. Will leave a couple photos of the block n stuff. Cant wait to finish this man!

Black N Gold Color Scheme
View attachment 374431

Piston Number 4. Big ol yikes.
View attachment 374432

Fresh Machined Block. Shiny.
View attachment 374433

Will be doing the diff Pretty soon hopefully.
View attachment 374434

Freshly cleaned head. Shmexy.
View attachment 374435

- Walkthrough of the build and whats to come.

P.S Yes, the garage in the video is very dirty haha. Will try to clean up and organize before the the forged internals make its way over. And yeah, sound sick in the video. Weird weather here right now.

P.S.S I did mention in the video that I had a fuel surge tank for the ST. Also mentioned I would be able to run full E85. I think Im wrong bout it. But I do know the main purpose for the fuel surge tank though.
Was thinking since I have an e85 pump inside, I can run full E85. Im hearing though our HPFP's dont like full on E85 and neither does the aluminum block. Anyways, like I said if theres anything I mention in the video or videos to come thats wrong, please do correct my ass. Still learning alot haha.

The hpfp, and injectors wont flow enough for your goals on straight e85. The block is fine. You'd want aux fuel. Either port or throttle body injection as well. Which you are going to run a radium kit. So your setup will be fine. Your turbo choice will be your next limitation.

Since you have the trans open. You should upgrade the synchros.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Small Update:

As per Duece's suggestion, did end up getting and installing new carbon synchros. Thanks for the suggestion man.
Waiting on the bearings and new bolts for the shafts. Guess MounTune has their kit out of stock, so don't really have a solid date when ill get'em. Started on the LSD,
pretty much only slapped the bearings on so far. Got my pistons and rods back from my machinist couple days before these pics, had'em balanced. I assembled the
rest. And just wanna give a shout-out to the circlips I had to put on. My thumb tips are now ****ed. Thanks!

Will be set back at most a month as of now, had to send my crank to SP63 to have it keyed. Thanks to them helpin me out with shippin and info, its appreciated.

Hopefully within that time frame I have EVERYTHING (Im looking at you PandaMotorworks, where my shiz at? jkjk ,not really) I need at home and ready to go. I Figured that I'd get this beast up and runnin by mid/end of October. Pretty much just gonna add
another month to that now lol.

Any more suggestions are always welcome!

Anyways, It's SLOWLY coming together haha, I'm having fun. 🤗

So shmexy.... :cool:
DSC_0036.JPG

New synchros. Pretty cool job. Had fun with this part.

DSC_0035.JPG

1 - 4 of 4 Posts