Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to write a full account of my experience with Panda in detail. I have decided that I'm finished being understanding and completely finished with spending anymore time or effort on this matter. In a nutshell, ordered an AP3 from panda around the first of the first of the year. Waited 3 months for Cobb to address their rom issue (no fault of panda's). Here is the issue. I recieved my AP, however I never received any other tune except for the stock Cobb and never received any details about the tune or the revision process. (It is now August) Sent several emails with nothing but an automatic reply. Called 15 times with no answer. Sent a last attempt pm and only received a message back that wasn't even in full sentences. And now two weeks later complete radio silence. I'm done.

One message to a competitor and in less that 24hrs I had a tune and a revision.

I really hate to say this because I like to support small businesses but, Buyer beware

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I was going to write a full account of my experience with Panda in detail. I have decided that I'm finished being understanding and completely finished with spending anymore time or effort on this matter. In a nutshell, ordered an AP3 from panda around the first of the first of the year. Waited 3 months for Cobb to address their rom issue (no fault of panda's). Here is the issue. I recieved my AP, however I never received any other tune except for the stock Cobb and never received any details about the tune or the revision process. (It is now August) Sent several emails with nothing but an automatic reply. Called 15 times with no answer. Sent a last attempt pm and only received a message back that wasn't even in full sentences. And now two weeks later complete radio silence. I'm done.

One message to a competitor and in less that 24hrs I had a tune and a revision.

I really hate to say this because I like to support small businesses but, Buyer beware
Seen a few threads recently with some real questionable actions (or lack thereof) from them. Even when they try to fix things it seems like they were messing stuff up. Hopefully they get their **** together and don't go the way of deadhook.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I am sorry you are upset and we did not get your free ots+ tune to you in a timely manor. We have since stopped offering this service as we believe in custom tuning is the safest way to tune. Its no excuse and apologize for your frustrations.

with it being a free ots+ tune i am not sure what we can do to help you and make this right unless you would like to have a free full custom tune.

thanks

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thank you for your reply and offer. I will pass. I hope that you can understand that after months of attempting to contact your compay only to find resolution from a negative review doesn't inspire confidence.

You could have explained this in your original reply to my PM stating my intentions. From the reply that you sent me two weeks ago you left me with the impression that I was going to recive the service portion of the product that I purchased in January. Now it's you no longer offer that secvice. I originally chose to do business with your company based on recommendations and your reputation.

In the future I hope you will improve the communication with your customers. This review is just that a review of my experience, not a private or personal attack. I do wish you the best of luck with your company and hope things improve.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Seen a few threads recently with some real questionable actions (or lack thereof) from them. Even when they try to fix things it seems like they were messing stuff up. Hopefully they get their **** together and don't go the way of deadhook.
You aren't kidding, and with a market that's as competitive as theirs, that's a bad road to start to go down. I was leaning towards going with Panda initially, but the recent complaints have changed that thought process.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts

You aren't kidding, and with a market that's as competitive as theirs, that's a bad road to start to go down. I was leaning towards going with Panda initially, but the recent complaints have changed that thought process.
Unfortunately being a 2 man show we aren't perfect with how busy we are. Shame no one comes forum anymore but to bad mouth vendors. If you look at other media outlets I think you will see how small our complaints are.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Thank you for your reply and offer. I will pass. I hope that you can understand that after months of attempting to contact your compay only to find resolution from a negative review doesn't inspire confidence.

You could have explained this in your original reply to my PM stating my intentions. From the reply that you sent me two weeks ago you left me with the impression that I was going to recive the service portion of the product that I purchased in January. Now it's you no longer offer that secvice. I originally chose to do business with your company based on recommendations and your reputation.

In the future I hope you will improve the communication with your customers. This review is just that a review of my experience, not a private or personal attack. I do wish you the best of luck with your company and hope things improve.
We where still going to send you a base map but we have been very busy and I honestly hadn't gotten around to it with everything else going on and I apologize about that. We are not a big shop like many think.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Unfortunately being a 2 man show we aren't perfect with how busy we are. Shame no one comes forum anymore but to bad mouth vendors. If you look at other media outlets I think you will see how small our complaints are.
That's kind of the point of forums like this however, to give/get feedback on products/services that others are considering/being offered. The issue I have is the lack of legitimate communication and generic responses when there was communication, and the fact that it took calling you out on a public forum to get an actual response. That's absolutely ridiculous, whether your company is ran by two employees or two hundred. Like I said, you're in a pretty competitive market, and customer service like that is how you lose potential customers.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have no stance in this fight, but will say one thing. Regardless of how many operate your business, don't be greedy. Hire another person to help with the miscellaneous **** (answering phone calls, answering e-mails, remiding you of ongoing issues with current customers, etc. etc. etc.). I see waaaaaay too many people trying to capitalize on the market nowadays.

PEOPLE NEED TO STOP BEING ****ING GREEDY. I came from the bmw world and boy what a ****show that was in regards to vendors being greedy sob's. Seems to me like each aftermarket market is turning into the same **** pile of service and parts. Bad enough we get china made parts that vendors get at very cheap cost and upsale like crazy. Then they have service that is subpar at best.

Keeping my FoST stock for a looooooooooooong time until lots of these vendors start being realistic. /rant

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I've seen a lot of people on here recommending you, and I am rooting for you guys to succeed. It sounds like it might be time for you to hire a 3rd person to do the b.s. stuff so you guys can focus on the actual cars a.k.a. the reason you got into the business. Without a good support person, or working 90+ hours a week, running a growing business is impossible...at least while keeping the same quality service. Even if you hire someone part time for a few hours every morning to avoid all the costs of employing people, it will reduce your workload and stress level way more than you might think.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I have no stance in this fight, but will say one thing. Regardless of how many operate your business, don't be greedy. Hire another person to help with the miscellaneous **** (answering phone calls, answering e-mails, remiding you of ongoing issues with current customers, etc. etc. etc.). I see waaaaaay too many people trying to capitalize on the market nowadays.

PEOPLE NEED TO STOP BEING ****ING GREEDY. I came from the bmw world and boy what a ****show that was in regards to vendors being greedy sob's. Seems to me like each aftermarket market is turning into the same **** pile of service and parts. Bad enough we get china made parts that vendors get at very cheap cost and upsale like crazy. Then they have service that is subpar at best.

Keeping my FoST stock for a looooooooooooong time until lots of these vendors start being realistic. /rant
Believe me this isnt me being greedy. I am trying to find a dedicated sales person. Problem is knowing the market knowing the answers to the questions we get. not easiest just hire someone. this isnt McDonalds where anyone can do the task at hand. Its a process and we are doing what needs to be done.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts

You are always welcome to rejoin the BMW community too, we won't miss you.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Go with them . you will not be disappointed.
I went with Brian @ JST Performance, I am not disappointed.. his lifetime tune was worth every penny. I have installed many bolt on's and it was as easy as sending a message each time to see if a tune was required and he has been very responsive..... I haven't gone through any other tuners but right now I am happy with what my car has put down. This weekend I ran a Roush and a Speed 3 from a dig and peaked at 24+ PSI each run. I was stoked...

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I went with Brian @ JST Performance, I am not disappointed.. his lifetime tune was worth every penny. I have installed many bolt on's and it was as easy as sending a message each time to see if a tune was required and he has been very responsive..... I haven't gone through any other tuners but right now I am happy with what my car has put down. This weekend I ran a Roush and a Speed 3 from a dig and peaked at 24+ PSI each run. I was stoked...
I've heard good things about JST too. Enjoy!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.