Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this morning the throttle on my car started to just stay open no matter what. When I am in Neutral the car will rev as high as 3k rpms without my foot on the throttle at all. Here are all the codes I'm getting for this issue right now. Any ideas on how to solve this issue myself since it seems like I can't find any mechanics to work on it anytime soon. I originally thought it may have been an issue with my tune but switching back to the stock tune didn't do anything for me.

And here is a video of it happening

Automotive design Motor vehicle Communication Device Steering wheel Gadget

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What modifications do you have?
Modifications- Cobb accessport, Cobb shift plate, Mishimoto charge pipes and intercooler, ngk one step colder spark plugs, flow master cat back, injen tuned intake, turbo smart bov, Bilstein shocks and struts, eibach lowering springs, Diamond oil catch can, cpe stage 2 motor mount, and i have a depo catless dp , 8.5:1 Forged JE pistons , Steeda clutch spring, spectre cold intake filter

Here's the whole list, I know some of the mods may not be relevant to the situation

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
7,557 Posts
I would briefly pinch one of the lines to your catch cans and see if the idle drops. It's possible you have excessive PCV flow.

Since everything was taken apart to do the pistons, could have an intake leak or something else of the sorts. It isn't necessarily that the throttle is hanging open

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
4,440 Posts
P04DB - Crankcase Ventilation System Disconnected

Check the PCV valve and hose behind the intake manifold. This code will pop up when running catch cans incorrectly or an aftermarket cold air intake, I would concentrate on the connection between the intake manifold and the PCV plate/ valve.

Sounds like unmetered air is making it's way in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts