Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, looking for some experience people have had with either throttle body spacers, manifold spacers or both. The claims for TB spacers seem like an easy 6+hp bolt on, but do they really produce what they say and do the manifold spacer yield any real performance gains?

Any info would be great, thanks!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice! Is it a direct bolt on or is there any modifications needed to intake, air intake or wiring? What is the net gain in using that TB?

Or ecoboost mustang throttle body. You'll atleast get better throttle response.

Sent from another garage.

·
Registered
700 Posts
oh very interested in this

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any thoughts on the spacers I originally mentioned? Would that provide even more gain withe 2.3 TB?

All throttle body information is and will be posted in the linked thread. I do have my initial results from my data log.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Nice! Is it a direct bolt on or is there any modifications needed to intake, air intake or wiring? What is the net gain in using that TB?
He is building a 2.3l. Not sure this would work with the 2.0l. @UnfocusedST might be able to say.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Honestly not sure.

I have had both for over 2 years. I agree with @UnfocusedST . I view them as an efficiency item not power items. If you dig into some old Steeda threads you may find they claim 6HP for each but that is not an automatic multiplier for both nor do they claim as such. Again efficiency should be your objective in adding these items.

Reactions: UnfocusedST

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
When you say efficiency, what are you referring to? Like better gas mileage or better turbo spool?

I have had both for over 2 years. I agree with @UnfocusedST . I view them as an efficiency item not power items. If you dig into some old Steeda threads you may find they claim 6HP for each but that is not an automatic multiplier for both nor do they claim as such. Again efficiency should be your objective in adding these items.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts