Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an oil change an ford and they said they recommend get a throttle body and injector flush. The price is pretty hefty. But I have 57k on my car right now is it something I deff should get done now or soon? Or is their a cheaper alternative to this? Any input would be awesome on this subject. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Pull the manifold, clean the valves, manifold and TB then put a catch can on. Will cost you the price of a can CRC GDI valve cleaner, catch can and a couple hours of time.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
put the engine at TDC for cyl 1. once you verified that cyl1 is at tdc compression then you can proceed to clean cyl 1 and 4 without worry of dropping stuff in the combustion chambers. take your time and be careful not to use anything too abrasive on the valves. clean up loose stuff by blowing it out or using a shop vac. repeat for cyl 2 and 3.

·
Registered
257 Posts
put the engine at TDC for cyl 1. once you verified that cyl1 is at tdc compression then you can proceed to clean cyl 1 and 4 without worry of dropping stuff in the combustion chambers. take your time and be careful not to use anything too abrasive on the valves. clean up loose stuff by blowing it out or using a shop vac. repeat for cyl 2 and 3.
I like this :) will do next time I have my intake manifold off

·
Registered
2015 ST3, no sunroof, Koenig Oversteers
254 Posts
I just got an oil change an ford and they said they recommend get a throttle body and injector flush.
Injector cleaning may be a part of the ST's standard 60k maintenance, though I haven't checked to see if that's the case. But regarding the TB, did they actually inspect it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts