Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately when I am creeping up in first gear my car is revving the engine on its own. For example in a drive through every time I moved up I'd give a little gas, let the clutch out to start rolling, press the clutch back in, then the car would rev. Revs first drop as expected, then the car will rev itself up somewhere between 1500-3000 rpm before bringing itself back down. Other than that the car drives normal. I can't replicate the rev in neutral. Any idea what the problem could be/how serious of a problem this will be if I keep driving on it? 2017 Focus ST1 on stock tune at 81k miles

·
Premium Member
3,577 Posts
Pretty sure that's normal, it's a baked in feature to assist with driving and not stalling. Just like the rev hang when you are shifting gears. I had my tuner bring that rev hand down because I shift faster than the hang would drop to the right RPM.

·
Registered
296 Posts
And you're confusing it by giving it a little throttle. Try keeping your foot off the gas when you "creep" and you should be fine.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I agree with @mininsx : creep forward without touching the loud peda, only on clutch

1 - 4 of 4 Posts