Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
I know it's just the lettering, but when I see this done on any vehicle I just think of

IMG_0362.PNG

I say leave it black, but as was said, your ride, your style

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
True it's hard I left wheel on when I put on 2nd coat I will take tires off and clean edges up with paint thinner. Staying in lines is tuff when wheel is on.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, paint got lighter on last wheel I think it's out any ideas on tire paint or paint for rubber?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
If done super clean then I think it can look good. I used to be a all black tire guy, but my mind has recently been more open to a little lettering on the side. Have yellow on my SXS tires (totally different as no one but deer see them) and have seen some white look okay on a few trucks. Also the Toyo's Ken Block uses I think look pretty good.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Back in the olden days, all the cool kids had raised white lettering on their tires. I like the look thinking, of doing it myself on my next set.

Reactions: Hoser

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Clean the edges and take more pictures then I'll input. THIS shot looks like @CVPI said. With clean edges though I like the look on other cars, but I need to see it on your car and from a distance and other angles. Certain cars (like a bone stock ST) it looks stupid on I feel, but with a slightly modded appearance I could see it looking nice on the ST.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
It's not the 70's any more.

·
Registered
395 Posts
part of it doesn't look good because the letters are so small

the entire thing doesn't look good because tire lettering is dumb and ugly, this isn't nascar

·
Registered
314 Posts
Honestly it looks horrible because its a poor quality paint pen and looks like you cant colour within the lines (no offence just honest). Tire white wall looks great but get tredwear or tirestickers. This is mine with a tredwear kit that cost about $150 Canadian

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Honestly it looks horrible because its a poor quality paint pen and looks like you cant colour within the lines (no offence just honest). Tire white wall looks great but get tredwear or tirestickers. This is mine with a tredwear kit that cost about $150 Canadian

I hear ya my man that's why I asked for thoughts. But on a side note I am a really good artist it's just paint pens are really hard to work with. Do the letters come in other colors and fonts? What's the life of them during car washes ect?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I was going to try to get some tredwears stickers for my winter set but they don't make Bridgestone I don't think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
238 Posts
Old school cool man! That, and a set of Cragar S/S's on my ST and I'd be in heaven.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts