Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering getting these RGB LED fog lights from Diode Dynamics for my ST, but I want to see what everyone thinks of these before picking them up. If anyone has these, how do they look, how well do they function? Also would like to replace the cornering lamps with LED bulbs. I emailed DD about the "Sidemarker" lights listed under the Focus RS on their site and they told me that the bulb size was 194. Is that the bulb size for our cornering lights on the ST2/3?

Link for the Fog Lights

Link for the "Sidemarker" LEDs

·
Registered
590 Posts
I'm considering getting these RGB LED fog lights from Diode Dynamics for my ST, but I want to see what everyone thinks of these before picking them up. If anyone has these, how do they look, how well do they function?

Link for the Fog Lights
Well those fog lights technically are no brighter than the stock. They may actually be dimmer. You do get the color change option though... I want yellow fog lights, but they don't seem to have them in stock any more. Only cool white or natural. If all you care about is color, then sure they're fine

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
I have DD lights in my fogs (XML2) and I have the Amber lights in my headlight housing. The tiny little one in the top corner. Been very happy with all of them. I will eventually replace all my lights with their products, just need to save money because they are expensive for sure but it'w worth it.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
I have DD lights in my fogs (XML2) and I have the Amber lights in my headlight housing. The tiny little one in the top corner. Been very happy with all of them. I will eventually replace all my lights with their products, just need to save money because they are expensive for sure but it'w worth it.
They have excellent products! The XML2s are absolutely brighter than stock...those things are miniature suns. I didn't even know they had these new, not very bright, RGB ones. Shows how often I check their stuff lol

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
I emailed DD about the "Sidemarker" lights listed under the Focus RS on their site and they told me that the bulb size was 194. Is that the bulb size for our cornering lights on the ST2/3?
Link for the "Sidemarker" LEDs
I am using these in my cornering lights:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T8SWG8E/

While the color is whiter and matches my HIDs better than the standard bulb (which i like) I wouldnt call them an improvement over stock halogens for lighting up the side of the road. The throw isnt as good but objects closer get lit up well (like parking/driveways etc.) I dont intend to remove/replace them though

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
I'd be weary of any non-oem colored bulb(Blue, Red, etc).
Will likely get you pulled over with the quickness.
Yup, PA and many other states doesn't allow front red or blue lighting. A huge no-no.

Parking lot baller is allowed though :cool:

·
Registered
273 Posts
^ Yup, I guess good thing is they are controllable, so you can switch but just seems like a lot for what it is.

I picked up some yellow LEDs on Amazon for like $19 and they are great and have been fine for the past few years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts