Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To those that have fortune auto's. I recently put them on my 2016 and am loving them. The ride quality is amazing. But I have one issue, since the instructions did not touch on the bases of the rear spring and shock combo. The front is perfect in ride height. But I lowered the shock to reduce ride height but all it did was make the ride quality terrible in the rear. It made every little tiny imperfection in the road into a speed bump feeling. I raised the shocks back up. I understand when you lower the car the ride quality will diminish a little, but I could feel that I did something wrong. I know there's the spring as well, and it has a locking collar on it, but how do I go about lowering the car?

TL:DR: How to reduce ride height in the rear with Fortune Auto Coilovers.

·
Registered
312 Posts
To those that have fortune auto's. I recently put them on my 2016 and am loving them. The ride quality is amazing. But I have one issue, since the instructions did not touch on the bases of the rear spring and shock combo. The front is perfect in ride height. But I lowered the shock to reduce ride height but all it did was make the ride quality terrible in the rear. It made every little tiny imperfection in the road into a speed bump feeling. I raised the shocks back up. I understand when you lower the car the ride quality will diminish a little, but I could feel that I did something wrong. I know there's the spring as well, and it has a locking collar on it, but how do I go about lowering the car?

TL:DR: How to reduce ride height in the rear with Fortune Auto Coilovers.
I just installed mine as well and must say these are so smooth! I bought mine used with 5000 miles on them. Have you messed with damping yet?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts