Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in late 2019 I bought my first car. It was a 2016 kona blue focus st from co part. Looking back on it now…I took a huge gamble buying it. I was barely getting into cars and barely getting to know how to work on them, so if there was any serious damage I would’ve probably spent more than what i paid fixing it. This was the listing.
Car Automotive parking light Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel

Eventually i went to go get it with my dad and saw the only damage was body work. There were dents on all the doors and the paint was chipping all around the car. These are the best
pics that show the damage
Car Vehicle Tire Wheel Cloud

Tire Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Car

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

After i did the basic fixes to get it registered and getting it on the road, I started saving up for the mods i wanted. I saved up for a BOV, mudlfaps,FMIC, tires, a big mouth intake with a propper cold air intake, and a cobb AP. The car came with a ford performance exhaust so I haven’t replaced it. this took me from 2019-late 2020 to get.
A year after I had that stuff (2021), I saved up more and decided to finally get the body work fixed and painted. I knew it was going to be a pretty penny but I decided why not. So i found a shop in Houston called QTX auto asked for a stealth grey with purple pearl and black powder coated OEM wheels. And after a decent 2-3 months i got the final result
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

I was excited to finally having it look new and not a salvaged car. Its been another year since i got it painted but I still have more plans to add more mods. Unfortunately those headlights went out on me so I’ve gone back to stock headlights, but thats been the journey from 2019 till now(2022).

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST
1,074 Posts
Very cool, what a great project and it turned out incredible!

Reactions: Fouled sanctity

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
8,868 Posts
I wonder if all of that was residual hurricane damage or something. Stuff blowing around and hitting the car.

Either way, probably an easier salvage fix compared to some. Glad you saved another one from the junkyard! Like I said in your intro, I love the color.

·
Registered
2013 Focus ST3
152 Posts
Back in late 2019 I bought my first car. It was a 2016 kona blue focus st from co part. Looking back on it now…I took a huge gamble buying it. I was barely getting into cars and barely getting to know how to work on them, so if there was any serious damage I would’ve probably spent more than what i paid fixing it. This was the listing.
View attachment 411624
Eventually i went to go get it with my dad and saw the only damage was body work. There were dents on all the doors and the paint was chipping all around the car. These are the best
pics that show the damage
View attachment 411627
View attachment 411626
View attachment 411625

After i did the basic fixes to get it registered and getting it on the road, I started saving up for the mods i wanted. I saved up for a BOV, mudlfaps,FMIC, tires, a big mouth intake with a propper cold air intake, and a cobb AP. The car came with a ford performance exhaust so I haven’t replaced it. this took me from 2019-late 2020 to get.
A year after I had that stuff (2021), I saved up more and decided to finally get the body work fixed and painted. I knew it was going to be a pretty penny but I decided why not. So i found a shop in Houston called QTX auto asked for a stealth grey with purple pearl and black powder coated OEM wheels. And after a decent 2-3 months i got the final result
View attachment 411628
View attachment 411629
I was excited to finally having it look new and not a salvaged car. Its been another year since i got it painted but I still have more plans to add more mods. Unfortunately those headlights went out on me so I’ve gone back to stock headlights, but thats been the journey from 2019 till now(2022).
Awesome story man. Took a risk, wrenched on it yourself, saved up for proper mods, and you have a great car at the finish. I really dig it. Kudos to you man!

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST
1,074 Posts

·
Registered
2017 OW ST1 unknown aftermarket FMIC & Exhaust, upgraded to Sync3 + full Recaro leather seat pkg.
130 Posts
This post made me smile. You took a swing and seem to hit a home run. This car is worth the effort. Give a little and it gives back more. Every day I keep thinking of what and when I'll make my mark on my short stormtrooper. This car is balls out fun and you will get that smile we all know to well. Congrats!:cool:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
makes me want to go check copart for rs's
I actually was going to go for one too. It had "vandalism" damage to it but everything looked perfect in the pictures. Body was fine, nothing was stolen, and every thing looked fine. but the bidding went out of my budget so I didn't end up getting it :cry: but im glad I stumbled upon the ST listing that I got.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Not everything comes down to dollars and cents, and that car is now special because you saved and rebuilt it. Still, I'm curious to know- in your experience, did it work out close in terms of cost when compared to having purchased a different (non-salvage, non-auction) car with similar miles?

You ended up with a unique car, and tons of knowledge about how to repair and maintain it, so it may not be possible to make a direct correlation.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts