Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on my commute to work a huge ice chunk fell off a pickup truck in the next lane, I could not avoid it or I would have been in the ditch due to icy winter roads.
Needles to say...it cracked my bumper...
So now I need to fix it. I'm looking for the black insert for the lower grill, anyone know if it just clips in?
Automotive exterior Bumper Grille Auto part Vehicle

·
Supporting Vendor
534 Posts
Sorry to hear that OP, but it sounds like you made the right choice under the circumstances.

The black insert should clip into place. It may be less expensive to replace the whole bumper than to have a shop fix it.

I'm not sure how it works in CA, but that should be covered under insurance

Nick C.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
just cut that whole secion out :D looks good that way on 13-14

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
That sucks, and it's not the easiest thing to fix. Not sure if that's something that can be bondo'd and painted or if it needs to be replaced, I know replacing the bumper would be ideal but that can be expensive. Maybe check with your insurance? Keep us updated on what route you go to get it taken care of.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think there's any damage to the undercarriage...my bumper took the brunt and it broke up. Didn't even sound like it hit that hard but at -17C it's bound to crack plastic. I'm not going to put it through insurance it's not worth it with my deductible. I think I'll just bondo the cracks and leave it open mouth in the bottom. Maybe eventually I'll remove that whole bottom part and replace it with a lip but for now it's still winter.
I'm just happy it was not worse. The worst part is I have to wait to fix it till spring when it warms up.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just went out to look again in the daylight...doesn't look that bad and my undercarriage is fine. It's not cracked all the way through so some bondo and I'll cover the cracks with white vinyl. I'm going to just leave it open.
Bumper Automotive exterior Footwear Grille Auto part
Automotive exterior Bumper Automotive tire Tire Auto part
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Snow

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
just cut that whole secion out :D looks good that way on 13-14
I would take a heat gun too it and see if I could get the shape somewhat back to normal, then wrap it in black vinyl or whatever color your heart desires. I'd drive like that until spring, then if I didn't like it either cut it out or get it fixed then.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Cut it out or drift stitch it for the street cred.

Reactions: BlueHaloGirl

·
Registered
389 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Reactions: Cowlynz

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
To each his or her own, but this is why you pay for insurance, deductible not withstanding... depending on your insurance company they may cover it under comprehensive since technically it wasn't anything you did wrong (like they did mine) and the deductible will less than if it's covered under collision. To me it sure is worth a phone call to find out! Good luck!

·
Registered
483 Posts
The hell with making any sense of this.

I say everyone with an ST should meet in an urban area, flip over cars, and steal toilet paper.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts