Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So guys, yesterday I get off work. I walk to my car and get in and when I close my door it hits the frame and bounces off. I try and try again but nothing works. I'm assuming the latch is broken and this will be covered by the recall. I have rope in my car for when I take my kayak out so I tied the door to the pillar to get me home. I had to do it again today to get to work. This is so aggravating, I'm hoping ford will give me a loaner while they fix this issue. Anyone else run into this?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
226 Posts
My old car would do this. The latch would get stuck in the shut position. All I had to do was put a screw driver in the latch and pull while pulling the door handle.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My old car would do this. The latch would get stuck in the shut position. All I had to do was put a screw driver in the latch and pull while pulling the door handle.
Yes but this is not stuck it's broken. You can freely move the latch with no resistance. Plus it has a screw that you can move to manually move the latch. And the you can here the stuff inside the door moving but the latch stays still.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yes, that is the door latch recall problem. Ask for a loaner when you make the appt. I don't think the recall covers one because it is only 2-3 hours of work, so the car can be turned around in one business day. But if you need transportation, they should work with you. Nice knot, btw.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, that is the door latch recall problem. Ask for a loaner when you make the appt. I don't think the recall covers one because it is only 2-3 hours of work, so the car can be turned around in one business day. But if you need transportation, they should work with you. Nice knot, btw.
Thank you sir, I take much pride in it as it's the only one I know

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ford will cover one day rental for this recall. By the time the tech get the car part and paperwork done plan on a few hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts