Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:big smile:

Damn it, just after passing 700 miles this POS fell off my st.

I am for sure 100% getting at least 1.7 WHP GAIN now. Proof you say, dont need it ran it on my *ss Dyno

IMG_0227.JPG

For real sounds better than stock, No drone as many have all ready proven.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Did this a couple months ago... again like everyone has said that's done it THIS is what it should sound like from the factory... I think the problem as to why these cars are so quiet is that its the same car sold worldwide and so they had to comply with everyone's policies for decibel levels. I could be wrong about that though.. Either way awesome to hear you're enjoying it! If you still have a resonator I recommend deleting it as this will cover that very well and won't be too bassy.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Did mine last year and haven't looked back. It's even more perfect with the Stratified crackle-pop tune. People say there's no drone and this is mostly true. But you can hear it humm in those rpm's where louder exhausts would drone, but it's totally bearable. What's really bad though is I want to drive with my windows open all the time so I can hear it!

Reactions: luichar

·
Registered
196 Posts
Did this a couple months ago... again like everyone has said that's done it THIS is what it should sound like from the factory... I think the problem as to why these cars are so quiet is that its the same car sold worldwide and so they had to comply with everyone's policies for decibel levels. I could be wrong about that though.. Either way awesome to hear you're enjoying it! If you still have a resonator I recommend deleting it as this will cover that very well and won't be too bassy.
That is the reason. One of the Ford guys explained the reasoning on Jay Leno's show back when it was still on Youtube. Same reason the symposer exists. Anyway, I had the resonator delete and it still wasn't enough for me. Just installed the MBRP XP series exhaust though and I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Reactions: reggy66

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST
677 Posts
I am thinking of checking to see if my resonator will "fall off" also. FYI, remove the blue protection film from the ST logo on your engine or it will get baked on from the heat, it wasnt meant to be on there long term.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Did mine last year and haven't looked back. It's even more perfect with the Stratified crackle-pop tune. People say there's no drone and this is mostly true. But you can hear it humm in those rpm's where louder exhausts would drone, but it's totally bearable. What's really bad though is I want to drive with my windows open all the time so I can hear it!
Awesome, good to hear. I have the same plan hopefully soon with a catted downpipe, resonator delete/change, and crackle-pop.
Did you leave the sound symposer there? Or remove it? I know that people with full exhausts usually delete that because it's too much.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Awesome, good to hear. I have the same plan hopefully soon with a catted downpipe, resonator delete/change, and crackle-pop.
Did you leave the sound symposer there? Or remove it? I know that people with full exhausts usually delete that because it's too much.
I haven't removed it, but it stopped working before the delete. I also had it disabled as part of the Stratified tune just to make sure.

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST2
742 Posts
What isn't that the muffler?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
198 Posts
What isn't that the muffler?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
its a straight through piece that helps to muffle sound a bit, but not restrict flow. If you cut it open its either going to have some mesh holes or a bit a fiber packing inside to absorb sound...id be curious to see, after my delete i might just toss it on the band saw at work and cut it in half.

Sorry I didn't fully read your question
It's a resonator, it's purpose is to both absorb sound or use baffels inside to create a reflective sound wave to negate the ones coming from the exhaust. Also it's a useless piece of crap that as weight and reduces the sweet sounds coming from the engine.... unless it's a civic then I believe the whole exhaust should be one long resonator :)

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST
677 Posts
Well..it happened.... driving past the muffler shop today and my resonator started making a little tick sound, then it stopped and my car was suddenly louder, pulled over and a piece of straight pipe had magically welded itself in the place of my resonator and the resonator was in my trunk! WITCHCRAFT!!!

Reactions: RoachRage
1 - 20 of 20 Posts