Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have or driven the explorer sport with the 3.5 twin turbo ecboost. Thoughts. Want to do more camp and shoots.....

·
Registered
816 Posts
What's the reason for wanting an explorer sport? Getting bored of the ST? Need for awd?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I have test driven one more than a few times. They are bad A S S. It will be my wifes next car. Perfect for what you are wanting.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I like the 3.5 ecoboost. A coworker also has a lower model explorer, it is pretty nice inside. That being said, the explorer sports are usually priced in the upper 40's+ around here. I am not sure how much Ford will deal on those prices either. If it were me in that position I would be looking at the f150 instead, as those can be had a bit cheaper than that.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I work for Ford and you can only get the 3.5 twin in the sport and the platinum it does not come in a lower model l

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've had a 3.5TT SHO my wife has a 2015 explorer and will say the 3.5TT is sweet but the explorer is a turd of an old platform.

Get an F150 or expedition with the 3.5TT for the same money much better platform.

Reactions: 909cobra

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
What about the Edge Sport with the 2.7L twin turbo?
Top 10 modern sleeper car on the road in my eyes. Those things are QUICK for a small SUV.

Edit: I was thinking of the Flex, my bad. However it looks like the edge is QUICKER which is crazy.

FoST: 0-60- 5.9 1/4 mile- 14.3
Edge: 0-60- 5.6 1/4 mile- 14.3
Flex: 0-60- 6.2 1/4 mile- 14.7
Explorer: 0-60- 5.8 1/4 mile- 14.6

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i like the 3.5 ecoboost. A coworker also has a lower model explorer, it is pretty nice inside. That being said, the explorer sports are usually priced in the upper 40's+ around here. I am not sure how much ford will deal on those prices either. If it were me in that position i would be looking at the f150 instead, as those can be had a bit cheaper than that.
its a used 2014 for 25k

·
Registered
425 Posts
My buddy just got a 15 Explorer Sport. It is very nice. Quick as hell for an SUV. It is much smoother and you couldn't feel the acceleration as much as the FoST. If I needed a larger car this and the Edge Sport would be on my short list.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The edge sport is nice but only a couple thousand less than the explorer it a no brainer for 3-4K

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
I will say the Interior (and kinda the exterior too) of the Explorer is way nicer. The Explorer is one of the sharpest looking SUVs on the road to me (might be biased slightly because I'm a Ford guy). The new 2016/17 Interceptors around my work (I work a mile from the local PSP barracks) are so nice and could keep pace with me easily if they got a jump on me.

Not that I would run

1 - 20 of 22 Posts