Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a long strange trip (short trip in the ST), especially the past few years. Anyway, thinking of selling the ST and going with a "regular" ride.
Question is, sell as is, or bring back to stock(ish).
I really don't have the time or energy to start swapping parts, and I know if I try and trade it in I will get beat the **** up! haha.
Anyway, just kicking **** around. I love the car but not the money pit and distraction of wanting to modify it. No, I would never just drive it haha, need a plain Jane commuter so there is no temptation.
Blah, I need a beer...carry on.

·
Super Moderator
10,699 Posts
Been a long strange trip (short trip in the ST), especially the past few years. Anyway, thinking of selling the ST and going with a "regular" ride.
I really don't have the time or energy to start swapping parts, and I know if I try and trade it in I will get beat the **** up! haha.
Anyway, just kicking **** around. I love the car but not the money pit and distraction of wanting to modify it. No, I would never just drive it haha, need a plain Jane commuter so there is no temptation.
Keep the ST, buy a cheap beater to commute. I have an '03 Ranger that I drive most of the time; it will probably last as long as I do.

·
Registered
2016 ST2
84 Posts
This is what I did a few years ago. How I ended up driving a 2018 fit. Now look where I ended up again. And I still ended up sinking money into the fit. Lol not go fast parts but made it nice looking and what not. The bug bites regardless of what you are driving. You’ll end up with a modified Prius or something.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
5,795 Posts
You'll either mod this car and enjoy it, or blow your money elsewhere. Every day you're driving your boring car you'll be thinking "man that corner would have been so much fun in the ST" or "i could easily pass this person if i was in my ST"

I've had this thought about my 5.0 mustang lately, but i know ill miss it if i sell it. Although its the first thing to go if something really expensive breaks with my house, but that's a situation that will be out of my control.

·
Administrator
13,694 Posts
You'll either mod this car and enjoy it, or blow your money elsewhere. Every day you're driving your boring car you'll be thinking "man that corner would have been so much fun in the ST" or "i could easily pass this person if i was in my ST"

I've had this thought about my 5.0 mustang lately, but i know ill miss it if i sell it. Although its the first thing to go if something really expensive breaks with my house, but that's a situation that will be out of my control.
Or you keep the schtang, and pull shifts doing the "oldest profession" again.

20 bucks is 20 bucks

·
Administrator
13,694 Posts
Yeah, ditch the ST for a boring 2019 5.0 Mustang. So boring, much commute. No reason to mod, super good at combusting fuel. All wins. Clear choice.

• Haha
Reactions: TurboGT

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
5,795 Posts
Or you keep the schtang, and pull shifts doing the "oldest profession" again.

20 bucks is 20 bucks
I still have the turboed 96 mustang. I wouldn't be without that sweet sweet v8 horsepower.

·
Administrator
13,694 Posts
I know...I was talking about your stang being in better shape than your Edge. SMH, going back to my bourbon.
Edge has been repaired quite well, lol

Yeah the schtangarang is pretty tip top.

Im into a 15 year scotch right now.

·
Registered
344 Posts
So is this one of those, "I'm here to listen to your feelings," moments or more of a "Help me decide what to do, I just can't make up my mind?"

If it's the 1st, I just can't relate.

If it's the 2nd, "What in the Fudge are you thinking?"

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Monster FMIC, GFB DVX+ BPV, ALEX' Shift Bushings, PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
2,084 Posts
Well if you get a boring car and come back to a fast one again, it's like a pool on a cold day getting warm again if you get out, get even colder, and jump back in. 😛😁

Like just starting to wind out the fast car and having a hard time letting up before triple digits. The ST is soooo fun after half a lifetime of mostly slow cars or SUVs. 😊

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
My take is that if that if you love something that isn't a ridiculous or especially lavish expenditure, isn't harming you or anyone else, and isn't creating a financial burden for you or those who depend on you- then life is too short to not treat yourself right. I mean- if we were talking about a new Range Rover or any Porsche product- I might see where you are coming from. To me- the great thing about the Focus ST is that it's inexpensive, practical, and more or less a regular daily driver, but still more fun than most cars in its price range.

Now- if you were planning on maybe picking up another BMW 2002 and putting money toward THAT- and driving a Camry- maybe I could side with you.

·
Registered
2018 Focus ST Magnetic Metallic
123 Posts
Modify your tune so you don't get boost ever (as a test to see if you can handle a commuter car again). I bet you'll miss it and go back real quick.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts