Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I saw this new mustang in black today with a red Hood. It looked awesome. Got me thinking what can I do to my impact blue 2013 FoSt. Factory snow flake rims but will probably go black satin or flat rims in the future. So I'd like to know what color and where ? Nothing obnoxious but I'd like a little neck breaking.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Blurple! lol. I think you could get away with Black or even greyish tones if you are really mindset on stripes.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I like stripes more than a solid hood. And black is the way to go and looks awesome with red!

·
Registered
162 Posts
OK so I saw this new mustang in black today with a red Hood. It looked awesome. Got me thinking what can I do to my impact blue 2013 FoSt. Factory snow flake rims but will probably go black satin or flat rims in the future. So I'd like to know what color and where ? Nothing obnoxious but I'd like a little neck breaking.[/QUOTE. I'm not much on stripes on the cost but if you like the idea is to with a very shade and I'd either paint or dip your Snow flakes black. I think that combo will be nice.

·
Registered
162 Posts
OK so I saw this new mustang in black today with a red Hood. It looked awesome. Got me thinking what can I do to my impact blue 2013 FoSt. Factory snow flake rims but will probably go black satin or flat rims in the future. So I'd like to know what color and where ? Nothing obnoxious but I'd like a little neck breaking.[/QUOTE. I'm not much on stripes on the cost but if you like the idea is to with a very shade and I'd either paint or dip your Snow flakes black. I think that combo will be nice.
Spell ck sucks lol. I meant grey stripes with black snow flakes.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
I always refer to something like this

Color Harmonies: complementary, analogous, triadic color schemes

When I want to decide on the right colours to match. Traditionally I go by the triad colour pattern, like they describe one primary then 2 complimenting in specific triangle pattern on circle wheel.

Your case the Kona Blue (is what I thought it was called) is dominant. Points you to a few options that should like nice: purple, red, gold, yellow. depending how blue you think the car is & using the circle wheel in a very simplistic way.

This sh** is useful when getting dressed nice too btw. This is stuff the girls know but dont share, makes colours look nicer.

edit: on side note I ****ing love how it seems everything can be broken down to circles and triangles.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Single thin white strip offset from center

1 - 11 of 11 Posts