Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I changed my rear rotors and pads. I used a C clamp to depress the pistons in the calipers before putting them back in because I was not aware that they screw in and you need a special tool. I used a lot of force when using the C clamp and i'm worried I messed up the caliper piston on both sides. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
416 Posts
If you heard funny noises as the pistons were forced in, then the parking brake/auto adjust mechanism is probably toast. Good news is used replacement calipers are not hard to find (same as standard Focus)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you heard funny noises as the pistons were forced in, then the parking brake/auto adjust mechanism is probably toast. Good news is used replacement calipers are not hard to find (same as standard Focus)
The parking brake works fine (is a bit lose but it's been like that) and I don't remember hearing any noises....

·
Super Moderator
7,577 Posts
The parking brake works fine (is a bit lose but it's been like that) and I don't remember hearing any noises....
If you get piston leakage, very uneven pad wear, or parking brake issues, you will want to replace them. The calipers are like 26 dollars each for OEM. Super cheap.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I C clamped the hell out of mine before figuring this out...bought the kit and it worked fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts