Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We recently had these on sale for $640 shipped. We got more system in and have been approved for a group buy!
if we get 5 people we can do these systems for $615 shipped
10 or more people $599.99 shipped

Description
Sub-compact enthusiasts agree … the Ford Focus ST has all the bells and whistles. Its turbocharged 2.0 liter four cylinder engine and six speed manual transmission make this car a must-have in the Thermal R&D exhaust line. Having become a household name in the sub-compact market, we knew we had to pull out all the stops for a car that is worthy of next level exhaust engineering.

Starting with performance, a true 3” diameter exhaust made the most sense. Thermal R&D began at the downpipe, realizing the enthusiast would one day require the full turbo-back kit. After including a resonator in the mid-pipe, we added an external Helmholtz resonator to cancel specific frequencies — namely drone at cruising speeds. We rounded out the system with a unique tip that fit the OEM valance perfectly and completed an exhaust package that any owner would be proud to showcase!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
any other pics of the tip?

·
Registered
651 Posts
Too bad these don't have round tips.

Reactions: Ohhhsoginger

·
Registered
696 Posts
Frankly, I'm glad it doesn't. In my opinion, the round tipped exhausts screw up the lines of the car. I like the trapezoid look.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Frankly, I'm glad it doesn't. In my opinion, the round tipped exhausts screw up the lines of the car. I like the trapezoid look.
If you go on youtube and look for the official Thermal R&D video on the exhaust, they go over how the round tip doesn't match the rear valence and they wanted to mimic the stock tip because of it's uniqueness

·
Registered
530 Posts
We recently had these on sale for $640 shipped. We got more system in and have been approved for a group buy!
if we get 5 people we can do these systems for $615 shipped
10 or more people $599.99 shipped

Description
Sub
When does this group buy end?

Reactions: Ripple

·
Registered
530 Posts
FNG here, just went to some other group buy threads and saw that signing up is just commenting and there's not an actual link, my bad.

Sign me up, please!

·
Registered
530 Posts
How does the drone/loudness compare to the Cobb catback? Are there any sound clips? What type of stainless steel is this made from?

Sent from my SM
Here's a clip from a user on the forum with Thermal catless dp:

This clip is from Thermal explaining it all:

The resonator where the stock muffler is the Helmholtz resonator that is explained in the description in the OP and is mentioned in the video

·
Registered
4 Posts
Interested!

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
I liked this exhaust until I saw they don't have a 3" adaptor pipe. To use the 3" downpipe to 3" exhaust you need to use their downpipe.

1 - 20 of 141 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.