Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running the Thermal exhaust on their car ?? Looking at picking it up and 90% sure but wondered if anyone had inside and internal cabin videos of it. Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Anyone running the Thermal exhaust on their car ?? Looking at picking it up and 90% sure but wondered if anyone had inside and internal cabin videos of it. Thanks in advance!!
There are several good YouTube videos done by BooSTed Aspirations, who is also a member on here. I'm pasting the links below:

I've been running the Thermal R&D for at least 6 months, and I highly recommend it. No drone at highway speeds, and it's responsive and throaty. The videos above are the best ones I've found, and I've not been able to make anything better.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How does she sounds with aggressive driving from inside the cabin ?? Did you buy the cob hanger for the 4th hanger?

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
I think the Thermal R&D sounds pretty similar to my JDL.
No highway drone, quieter than Cobb, tame when cruising around but loud when your on throttle.
I approve :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
I like it... I can drive quietly in the neighborhood, then make a pleasant, angry noise when needed.

I put 650 miles/10hours on it yesterday driving and there was no annoying drone. You just know when you are on the boost.

·
Registered
530 Posts
In the group buy thread I think from over the summer a user was telling me how he is catless and experiences no drone. It's a 3" exhaust so no matter what it'll be loud at WOT. One thing he said that really stuck with me is that he is an uber and lyft driver and did that often and had 0 complaints and his rating was like 4.8. If I didn't come across a used MBRP locally for $150, I was going to get this exhaust. The hertzian resonator was a big selling point as well as the tip.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
I have the stock exhaust on my ride... previous ride i had a Greddy setup and I would recommend always swapping out the mounts with better ones when do the exhaust.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
I have a 2017 , did any of you use the COBB hangers or just use stock?
I have the stock exhaust on my ride... previous ride i had a Greddy setup and I would recommend always swapping out the mounts with better ones when do the exhaust.
I agree with rspec, stock hangers kinda suck and stretch out over time pretty easily. Upgrade to the Cobb and you ensure proper fitment, no movement, and nothing will rub once it starts to sag (what she said)

Plus, they are pretty cheap. Just make sure you have a hanger tool, you'll need it.

·
Premium Member
13,880 Posts
I agree with rspec, stock hangers kinda suck and stretch out over time pretty easily. Upgrade to the Cobb and you ensure proper fitment, no movement, and nothing will rub once it starts to sag (what she said)

Plus, they are pretty cheap. Just make sure you have a hanger tool, you'll need it.
I have the cobb hangers. The tool is nice but not needed. I do recommend it anyway. I've had my hangers for 4ish years now and love them.

Sent from another galaxy.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
I have the cobb hangers. The tool is nice but not needed. I do recommend it anyway. I've had my hangers for 4ish years now and love them.

Sent from another galaxy.
I did it in the cold, so I guess that probably makes me biased since those things were ROCKS trying to get them off the knob at the end of the exhaust posts :lol: with the tool it's like a 40 second job vs a few minutes of potential wrangling

1 - 11 of 11 Posts