Ford Focus ST Forum banner
3041 - 3060 of 3069 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
8,307 Posts
This market is ****ing stupid.

I finally get to a point in my career that there would be a chance I could afford a new car. And cars of this category are pushing huge money. I think the cobalt SS turbo could be had for like 20k. Bang for buck, that's a LOT of car. Now everything is mid 30s.

·
Registered
2018 HPR ST1
640 Posts
This market is ****ing stupid.

I finally get to a point in my career that there would be a chance I could afford a new car. And cars of this category are pushing huge money. I think the cobalt SS turbo could be had for like 20k. Bang for buck, that's a LOT of car. Now everything is mid 30s.

It's silly. It's everything too.

And all these California's buying in vegas at the housing market peak, even while interest rates continue to rise at almost 6%, it's comical.

My house has doubled in value over the last year... crazy part is California's and Hawaiians buying sight unseen no inspection cash offers.

·
Super Moderator
12,431 Posts
It's silly. It's everything too.

And all these California's buying in vegas at the housing market peak, even while interest rates continue to rise at almost 6%, it's comical.

My house has doubled in value over the last year... crazy part is California's and Hawaiians buying sight unseen no inspection cash offers.
But even if they get a crap deal or a wrecked house, they're out of California.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
A message from the Butthole Surfers about your comment @Dirtfiend602 "they were doing it in Texas"... LOL. Commifornians have been buying sight-unseen for a few years now and pushed the market way higher. I have a small little ranch style house that nearly doubled as well since we bought it only 7 years ago. They're killing the market 😐 Getting into a bigger house is almost impossible unless I move to bum-tucky middle of nowhere.

Used cars, however, was something I didn't think I'd ever have to worry about. Suddenly my '18 was taco'd by a semi and my 0% interest rate was gone... Nationwide searches left me ready to leave the platform, since every single one of the ST's and RS's is going to be used now, but a gem appeared close to me for $22k with 51k miles on it... Best thing I had found so far, and it is the exact color and trim level as my last one. Oh, also found at a Toyota dealership... IDK what's up with Toyota trade-in's, but I'll take it! 😁

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
We're seeing the last of the CPO FoSTs to hit the market as folks sell off their cars as the 5-year extended warranty expires on the 2018s.

Also be aware that next year will be 5 years after FoST production ended, so OEM parts supply is going to totally dry up. Due to COVID, that process began a few years earlier than normal, but now it will be kicking into high gear.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Pro-tip, order parts from Gaudin Ford online, much cheaper than many other places. 57 bucks for a driver side vent louvre assembly... 118.00 elsewhere.
Gaudin's web site seems to just take you to the corporate Ford online parts store... then the only way to specifically order from Gaudin is to tell Ford that you're in Las Vegas?

·
Registered
2018 HPR ST1
640 Posts
Gaudin's web site seems to just take you to the corporate Ford online parts store... then the only way to specifically order from Gaudin is to tell Ford that you're in Las Vegas?

i think you still have to search by dealer, so yes youre on ford parts site, but under gaudin ford designation

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'd consider that as a result.

I've seen a couple of '13s in race red with low mileage and they're in the high teens with the half and half recaros and a proper stereo. The problem is, is finding a lender that will agree a deal for an old car without have to slap down a third of the price.

Paid $23,250 for a pretty minty, one owner, 2018 ST1 with 43k miles. Still has 15 months and 17k of powertrain warranty remaining. Feel like it was a fair price considering today's market. View attachment 406790

3041 - 3060 of 3069 Posts