Ford Focus ST Forum banner

3001 - 3020 of 3023 Posts

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
For my first one in late 2016, I paid 21k and some change for a brand new 2017 magnetic gray ST1. Put some RS wheels and tires on her and racked up 20,xxx miles driving the I5 corridor back and forth from the Pacific Northwest to San Diego.

A year later traded her in for 18k on a 2018 F150 and regretted it so bad, that two weeks ago I bought another (albeit this time used) 2015 ST3 screaming tangerine with only 30,xxx miles on her for 19k...

...wishing I had kept the RS wheels!

·
Registered
77 Posts
These cars are strange when it comes to dealer prices, my first FoST i paid around $24k after down payment and TT&L for a brand new 2014 at the time, and on my second FoST i paid almost $25k after TT&L for a used 15k mile 2018 last year, both were ST1's.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just bought a 2018 FoST ST1 with 18,100 miles on it for $18,900 and the kicker is it has a Cobb Cat-back. They even had the stock exhaust with the trade in so I've got a spare. Don't know whether to keep it or sell it and put the funds back into the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I spent a few weeks looking through dealer inventories for a 2018 FoST. Almost purchased an ST2 with 30k miles, but they were asking 25k OTD and weren't willing to budge on that number. I ended up searching craigslist and stumbled upon a 2018 FoST3 with just under 13k miles on it for $18,750 and...I love this car.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I got my 2013 ST3 about 3 years ago with 147 thousand km and I payed for it $13,000 canadain with taxes in so with no taxes 12,000 yes we have alot of taxes for nothing

·
Registered
519 Posts
Bought a 2017 ST3 new off of a dealer lot in Alexandria Virginia in late 2018 for $25,300 (out the door with all fees, taxes and tags). That put the cost of the car in the $23k range; and I felt like I wouldn't get that kind of a deal again, so I jumped on it. The car had 7 miles on it, and every option available (including the all season tires and "upgraded" wheels (I prefer the snowflake wheels better. I found a great deal on a used set in new condition with just about new winter tires and TPMS on eBay- $400 shipped!)). Fun car, at a bargain price. I added a Borla exhaust a few months ago... I find it SO much better than stock.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Bought a 2015 ST1 with less than 50 miles in Sept. 2015. Paying sticker price ...about 24500?Financing for 6 years, no interest. finish paying it off next year.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
I had been looking for an used ST for the past year. I wanted a 2016 or newer st3 with every available option including the moonroof and premium wheels with less than 50k miles. I wanted either the tangerine scream or kona blue color. I was super picky and I'm on a kind of tight budget (3rd year college student) so I didn't want to pay more than 20k. I wasn't able to find any in my price range, but then I found a 2016 that had an accident with a deer. Very minor damage, interior was spotless but fender, hood, bumper and 1 headlight had to be replaced. (And we all know how much those cost). Went and looked at it and it ran and drove great, and it had everything I wanted besides a sunroof with only 46k miles. Negotiating with the dealership and ended paying 11,500 and agreed to take care of taxes and such myself with the DMV after this virus crap is over. Total price is around 12k but I don't have a final tally yet until DMV opens back up.
I financed less than half of it over 48 months to build up some good credit. (And not to deplete my savings for mods?)

·
Registered
266 Posts
With the pandemic going on, are prices a lot cheaper? I don't mean just FoST or RS but in general, new and used.

New mustang gt or used zl1 seem good, or RS, been checking those out for awhile heh.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Paid the equivalent of U$26,000 new In 2014 which included 5 years warranty and service. The only thing that I paid for in 5 years were tires.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So I purchased my Focus ST last year in mid July. Got the car off of a craigslist ad. Seller was asking for $16,500 for a 2015 black ST3 quite modified, just under 31k miles. Pretty much COBB everything (exhaust, downpipe, intercooler, accessport, Stratified tune, aero kit, Bilstein suspension). The front bumper was partially ripped off from the aftermarket splitter and ride height. Ended up haggling down to $15,900 for new bumper mainly along with paint, taxes, etc. I drove it away, and everything looked really well for a Connecticut car (I live in MA and there was no rust, garage kept, seller even had the whole car coated in some expensive sea quartz ceramic coating or whatever). Replaced the bumper, painted it and everything. Took off all the aero. Some of the clips to hold the side skirts in place are broken off but it's nothing to be worried about for me. Put new summer tires on and adjusted the ride height and that was it. Also needed a new tune since Stratified doesn't transfer over tunes when I updated the software. Apparently the guy had multiple people booked each day for the next week to come look at it, and I was the first one. I'd say I was super lucky. Seller was super nice and just had to get rid of his car. Paid it full in cash. With all the goodies on it, I'd say I lucked out on this one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bought my 2015 ST1 for about 15k from the dealer. Car had about 45,000 miles on it at the time. You can probably talk them down a bit if you point out little things you see. Scratches and paint problems are your friend when trying to get a couple bucks knocked off.

·
Premium Member
2014 Focus ST ST3.
252 Posts
I payed $8100.00 for my 14' ST3 with 60k on it in January 2020. Private party sale and they needed it gone due to being deployed. Benefits of working on a military base.

side note. there is another St (ST2) for sale at $9800.00 with 115k right now near me.

3001 - 3020 of 3023 Posts