Ford Focus ST Forum banner

2981 - 3000 of 3000 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
What's up y'all!

I pulled the trigger on an ST-2 over the weekend. We drove from NJ to VA to get it. I got an Oxford White ST-2 with upgraded wheels for $25.7K OTD at Ted Britt Ford in Fairfax, VA. They also offered me $1200 for my trade in and were going to honor the $500 military discount as well(I forgot my DD214 and only brought my Veteran ID so I'm still waiting on this. my sales rep said i just need to send my DD214 and Ford will cut a check. *fingers crossed* there’s no hassle there). So it put me at about $24k OTD. which is only $500 over what i was hoping to get it for. I did opt for the ford maintenance plan so that added another 1k to what i financed.

I think outside of waiting till the end of the year, which i didn't want to do, this was the best deal i was going to get on an ST-2. I was originally only looking at base STs but I didn't have the time to set anything up before the $3500 retail cash incentive expired and was super worried about what Ford was gonna do next. Luckily it got bumped up to $4500 on Tuesday! Meanwhile my brother bought a 2015 BMW 328i and after sitting in that i decided that i was going to go with an ST-2 for the extra bells and whistles (so glad i did). My search kinda went back to square one after that.

I aggressively messaged every dealer that had an ST-2 that fit my criteria within 500 miles of my zip Tuesday night. I used Ford inventory search, Autotrader, and Cars.com. Next day i had 15+ txt messages, emails and voicemails on my phone! :crazy: I let them all know what the deal is and the quotes started coming in. I messaged the place that had best offer (Ted Britt) and asked if they could do any better. They said they were all in on the quote they gave me of $25.7k OTD. My lady and I decided to make a weekend out of so i could go look at the car.

I shot that OTD price quote to every other dealer i was in contact with the night before we left and let them know i was going to VA to look at and more than likely buy an ST. Again my phone was blowing up the next day with messages, emails, and voicemails. None of them could beat the prices i got form my sales rep at Ted Britt. Most of them sent a generic "let us know how it goes" message but some straight up said they couldn't do better. This had me feeling pretty good about the deal.

There was one place that was close. Garnett Ford in PA. It was the same setup but it had Navigation + All season tires for about $500 more than what Ted Britt Ford quoted me OTD. Which wasn't bad at all. But once i got in my ST-2 and got my hand on the Sync 3 it was a no brainer. I didn't need the navigation. Sync 3 is more than enough.

Here's a link to that listing for anyone still on the hunt!!

https://shop.ford.com/inventory/focus/details/1FADP3L97JL284113?zipcode=08722&year=2018&fyear=2018&ownerPACode=01373&Radius=100&modeltrim=Focus_F09-ST&BodyStyle=hatchback&Order=Distance

Cheers and don't take no $h!t :furious:

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
That's a steal ^^^^^

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Not many to choose from around here. There were two at a dealership an hour away, a '15 tangerine ST1 or 2 and a race red '13. They were both similar in price, $17,800. The 15 had almost 50k on it and the 2013 red one only had 30k on it and was an ST3...I fell in love and went for it. I may have over paid a bit but it was comparable to others around here. Bottom line, I could have had one a couple years newer but many more miles...and I fell for the race red, don't know why, I am usually a very neutral color car person, white, grey, silver, etc... but this one just called out to me from the internet and when I got there she wouldn't let me leave without her :)

Edit, I did find the window sticker in the glove box from when it was new as well as all the service records and it was right around $30K brand new, I didn't realize they were that much in 2013, but I guess the ST3 adds quite a bit and maybe the color does a little bit?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got a black '16 ST1 with NS wheels, mudflaps and BOV for 18k. Had 27k miles. Interior was trashed with stains and smelled like cigs but I didn't mind fixing that on my own. Paint is a little beat up

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
I paid $17900 in April '18 for a Nov. '13 ST with 17.000 miles.
ST2-ish, I think (trims are different in Europe).
Condition was excellent, like totally new. Full turboback exhaust came with it.

Nearly 18k for a '13 ST might seem excessive, but here it is pretty cheap, actually. '15 and '16 ST's with 20 - 25k miles are sold for ~25 - 27k here

·
Registered
33 Posts
I bought my 2017 ST1 around the same time last year. I paid 23k. You are almost 3K of that was the extended hundred thousand mile warranty. Which I' have sense voided. Oops😉
Yup. I told myself I'd wait until at least 30k miles before I started modding. I'm now at only 15k w/ full bolt-ons and JST tuned.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Almost bought a brand new one a year ago when they were dumping them. And I should have.

August of '19
Race Red 2016 ST1 @ 25k miles
$17,000 from the local Ford dealership.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Purchased a 2018 ST1 in May of 2019 with 7K miles on it for $19,500 out the door. Worked out to be right at $17,300 before taxes/title/etc. They needed to get rid of it before it went to auction since they'd had it almost 60 days. Nothing wrong with it and I've put around 4500 miles on it since then. I've only deleted the symposer so far, but need a FMIC before too long. Also picked up a set of steel rims with practically new snow tires (and tpms units installed) for $500 the first week I owned it.

ETA: Did find out the previous owner had done some mods and then reverted some of them. So far I've found: AGS is gone, the guy'd had a rear strut tower brace installed and removed it, he'd had the air filter cover off and then just put the cover back on (without the bolts), so I had to get some of those, and he screwed up the bolt that holds down the intake tube, so I had to drill/tap a new hole for it since the old bolt broke off upon removal.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've had a 2018 shadow black FoST3 now for a couple weeks and absolutely love the car!

Nobody in the area had what I wanted for a decent price so off to the carvana website I went and found the fully loaded 2018 with only 13,600 miles on it. Delivered, the car is $23,000. KBB is $23,500 so I felt comfortable with that price and pulled the trigger.

So far I put a mountune V2 air filter, turbosmart 50/50 (hooked to natural vacuum from symposer delete port) and just ordered a carbon fiber 4inch dual outlet tip so whenever that gets here I will do a muffler delete and see how I like it.

2981 - 3000 of 3000 Posts