Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
i don't know if koni does it but i do know that bilstein will rebuild your struts/shocks to your specifications when they bust/you change your setup. i have bilstein B8's on my BMW (ground control street/track sleeves) and my Mini (H&R springs). the valving out of the box was perfect for the H&R's. for my coilover setup, i put more aggressive 2.5" eibach springs and busted the struts pretty quickly. i still haven't gotten around to sending them in but a buddy of mine with the same setup sent his in and they revalved the body and installed a new piston in for a fraction of the cost of buying new struts. you just have to fill out/print a form on their website and ship the struts/shocks to them.

just throwing that out there as they are a great company and will work with you on your custom setup.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was able to contact Koni and Bilstein about 2014+ shocks/struts here's what they said.

From Koni:
Thank you for your interest in KONI shocks. Unfortunately, we do not have an expected availability or release date for 14’+ Focus or Focus ST struts and shocks at this time. Discussion on the applications have taken place between KONI NA, and KONI Holland though no development has taken place up to this point.

Mason O’Hara
Technical Sales Representative
KONI - an ITT company

From Bilstein:
We spoke yesterday afternoon. You were checking on future Bilstein product for the 2016 Focus ST. I did check with our product team in California and the confirmed more product is being developed for the 2016 Focus by Bilstein Germany which we will stock in the states once they release.
But the problem is, Germany has not yet specified if the new product will include the ST trim or not. So it isn’t a guarantee yet that it would cover your car. Also, if it is still in development in Germany it will probably still be several months until we have the product available.

Conclusion:
Bilstein is probably making new front struts to fit the RS, which will fit the ST. I'm waiting for this.

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
Great, I need struts and these still aren't available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2017 focus st. Can I order koni shocks and eibach sportline springs for the 2013 st and call it a day? This suspension change has me so damn confused.

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
I have a 2017 focus st. Can I order koni shocks and eibach sportline springs for the 2013 st and call it a day? This suspension change has me so damn confused.
yes but you still have to use your top hats off your setup with the older struts... its just a matter of taking yours apart and using the top when you replace them with the new/old setup

·
Registered
33 Posts
Had my ST on the lift last week to do my oil change. While the oil was draining I did my usual checking of the undercarriage and discovered the bottom coil of BOTH front springs were broken. Didn't hear any noises so am unsure how long they've been that way. PO had the Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs installed with ~5k miles on it. Just turned 62k. Since I'm not the original purchaser Eibach won't warranty them and am now researching options as it's likely due for new struts too. I don't drive the car hard very often and am puzzled as to why the springs were broken.

It's my daily driver, no track time [that's what my old LSx Datsun 240z is for], just occasional spirited driving.

Suggestions on which springs & struts to go with? Considering the Mountune Clubsport option but a bit more than I'd prefer to spend...

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Had my ST on the lift last week to do my oil change. While the oil was draining I did my usual checking of the undercarriage and discovered the bottom coil of BOTH front springs were broken. Didn't hear any noises so am unsure how long they've been that way. PO had the Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs installed with ~5k miles on it. Just turned 62k. Since I'm not the original purchaser Eibach won't warranty them and am now researching options as it's likely due for new struts too. I don't drive the car hard very often and am puzzled as to why the springs were broken.

It's my daily driver, no track time [that's what my old LSx Datsun 240z is for], just occasional spirited driving.

Suggestions on which springs & struts to go with? Considering the Mountune Clubsport option but a bit more than I'd prefer to spend...
You are going to be hard pressed to find something cheaper that the clubsports without going to stock struts and shocks. Probably not going to find something better either for you described need.

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
unless you're going with stock struts and stock springs just do the clubsport kit. Lowering springs will destroy the stock struts in like 15k miles if you're lucky. Then you'll be another $500 in in a year. Just get the mountunes and be done with it for the next 100k miles.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ordered the Mountune Clubsport kit 3/24/17 and tomorrow will mark 3 weeks since [ordered & paid] and nothing. I'm really disappointed that when ordered I received zero notifications [aside from order confirm] that it was backordered with no ETA. Called after 2 weeks and told they're waiting for 1 shock. Asked when and told the delay was at the supplier end. I wondered [aloud] why it's still listed on their website if they don't have the complete kit. Not the way I'd do it...

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
Ordered the Mountune Clubsport kit 3/24/17 and tomorrow will mark 3 weeks since [ordered & paid] and nothing. I'm really disappointed that when ordered I received zero notifications [aside from order confirm] that it was backordered with no ETA. Called after 2 weeks and told they're waiting for 1 shock. Asked when and told the delay was at the supplier end. I wondered [aloud] why it's still listed on their website if they don't have the complete kit. Not the way I'd do it...
welcome to running a business that also sells online..LOL A lot of times these websites are not written to access a database that reads current inventory. It physically takes a web administrator to log into their portal and change the text on the website to reflect inventory status. Before that can happen it takes someone doing an inquiry for a specific part and writing a report to send to that webmaster in order for them to schedule the changes, then make it happen. By the time the webmaster gets around to it, the parts are in stock again and the changes are null...LOL its stupid, but with someone that wont create a good online seller site, its nature of the beast.

·
Registered
142 Posts
You could always cancel the order and put together your own kit. Tire rack has b8s in stocks. It's what I did and went with swift springs and the b8s. Or you could go with konis if you want adjustment.

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
You could always cancel the order and put together your own kit. Tire rack has b8s in stocks. It's what I did and went with swift springs and the b8s. Or you could go with konis if you want adjustment.

just have to make sure to order early model springs as the new springs wont work on the b8's

Reactions: Slangwhanger

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
Will 2014 mounts and bearing work, or will I need to order 2013 ones?
im pretty sure you just have to use your upper stuff so you should be fine. I may not be 100% the authority on this and someone else that has done it will def be the better source for backing up or shooting this down, but I was under the impression the 13 stuff will work on our cars (all the options available are technically 2013 design) we just have to use our existing bearing and tophat.

so if anyone knows for sure, please quote me and correct this or back it up so I will know 100% myself.

Reactions: STea

·
Registered
779 Posts
im pretty sure you just have to use your upper stuff so you should be fine. I may not be 100% the authority on this and someone else that has done it will def be the better source for backing up or shooting this down, but I was under the impression the 13 stuff will work on our cars (all the options available are technically 2013 design) we just have to use our existing bearing and tophat.

so if anyone knows for sure, please quote me and correct this or back it up so I will know 100% myself.
yes the 13 stuff works on the 14+ and vice versa.

Reactions: STea

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
yes the 13 stuff works on the 14+ and vice versa.
i think he was more so wondering if he just reused his bearing and top hat... we know the old stuff will work, im just pretty sure the 13 stuff wont bolt into the 14+ using the 13 tophat and bearing

·
Registered
779 Posts
i think he was more so wondering if he just reused his bearing and top hat... we know the old stuff will work, im just pretty sure the 13 stuff wont bolt into the 14+ using the 13 tophat and bearing
Thats what I meant. The top hats can be reused, or the 13 top hats will fit on the 14 springs. Its the lower spring perch on the 14+ dampers that change, which we all know about already. From what I recall, Ford changed the part number of the bearing/tophat assembly in favor for a different bearing, or something to that nature, but they still work on either spring.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts