Ford Focus ST Forum banner

5261 - 5272 of 5272 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Finally pulled the trigger on my first big part for the 15 FoST. Got the Semi resonated Milltek Catback on and it is an awesome piece of hardware. Installer was impressed with how well fabricated it is and how effortless and precise its fitment was. Only additional items used were a set of Cobb hangers. I will say this to anyone considering this exhaust. If you like loud exhaust, than this is not for you. I would recommend going with the non res and even then I've heard they are relatively quiet. This exhaust sounds close to stock with the one resonator with the exception of a deeper tone and a better range of sound at WOT. Having a newborn and possibly PCSing to Cali I wanted to do something that would keep the car under the radar but still give it a nice sound and more aggressive look. Honestly, I hope that as I drive it more the sound becomes more refined and possibly deeper but I've never been too sold on the argument's of "break in periods" for exhaust tones. We shall see!
If your PCS'ing to Cali and have out of state plates, keep them. When I was stationed out there I kept my plates from when I was stationed out in Yuma and never had any issues with law enforcement.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Been playing around with the exhaust past couple days. Straight piped it (resonator and muffler delete) plus replaced the narrow section with true 2.5 inch piping. Sounded loud but a bit too raspy at certain RPMS. So tonight, I added an 8 inch Cherry Bomb glass pack where the resonator used to be. Now it's nice and mellow and has a great growl to it when you give it gas. At cruise its mellow and nice sounding. The longer the glass pack the quieter it will sound. For me, 8 inches was enough (that's what she said.. ) lol! Before it was...douchebag ricer fart pipe sounding...now it's...I'm gonna curb stomp yo azz if you look at me wrong sounding. You know what I mean? Lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Quietest exhaust other than stock? My city has started handing out tickets for “excessive noise from any part of the vehicle” and “enlarged exhaust outlet”. Currently on 3” MBRP.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Milltek or Thermal R&D

·
Registered
2015 PB Ford Focus ST3
7 Posts
Milltek or Thermal R&D
I agree with the Milltek. I have the semi resonated version and it is very quite while still giving a slightly deeper and more aggressive tone at lower RPMs. Zero drone. I would imagine that the full resonated version would sound exactly like stock.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Quietest exhaust other than stock? My city has started handing out tickets for “excessive noise from any part of the vehicle” and “enlarged exhaust outlet”. Currently on 3” MBRP.
May I ask where you're located?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
What kind of city gives citations for enlarged exhaust tips?

18' ST1 (wife's mostly stockish) & 06' Mercury Grand Marquis (mine, definitely not stock)

·
Registered
903 Posts
Fswerks Stealth exhaust.

I run the Thermal r&D, and while it is a very quiet exhaust, if you are caught off guard and dont see an officer while accelerating normally, he will still hear you, because it does pipe up quite a bit at moderate acceleration levels.

·
Registered
19 Posts
What kind of city gives citations for enlarged exhaust tips?

18' ST1 (wife's mostly stockish) & 06' Mercury Grand Marquis (mine, definitely not stock)
Edmonton, Alberta. The last few years the province has been trying to crack down on speed traps because they’re just cash cows with nothing to really do with safety. So now the city is going after modifications instead because people that live on and near major nightlife streets have been complaining about noise. They’re giving tickets for enlarged exhausts, “excessive noise from any part of motor vehicle”, and tint. Usually the noise and exhaust together. $162 each. There have been reports on local car groups of people getting tickets when they’re stock and when they have changed their exhaust but are still the same size as stock or smaller. People getting pulled over and being told “your car is noisier than all the other ones around it”. We all know it’s more a few bad apples ruining it for the rest of us. Certain people revving up and down the street all day and night.

·
Registered
12 Posts
quietest from stock is probably Mountune, almost a quiet as stock, easiest way for me was to add a catless DP and its still fairly quiet a bit deeper tone than most, but fine by me

5261 - 5272 of 5272 Posts