Ford Focus ST Forum banner

5241 - 5256 of 5256 Posts

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
lol...we got a thread for that!

i knew that car looked familiar, thought you were just posting a random picture of black RS wheels! BTW, how much did you pay for the RS wheels setup if you dont mind saying?

·
Registered
209 Posts
No worries. If you find 'em cool! I'd be happy to have them in my growing list of FoST parts.
good news/bad news...I found one, no idea where the other one went. Glad to mail it to ya if you want it.

i knew that car looked familiar, thought you were just posting a random picture of black RS wheels! BTW, how much did you pay for the RS wheels setup if you dont mind saying?
lol, no worries...and I briefly forgot, but it was 900 bucks minus 200 for my snowflakes 😬

·
Registered
708 Posts
Should I also get the Cobb exhaust hangers? Are they even needed?
The Borla muffler has room for one more hanger than they give you (or is it that comes off the OEM system?). My muffler shop filled in the spare spot with an OEM-style hanger for free and that is working perfectly through all my autocrossing and travels.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The Borla muffler has room for one more hanger than they give you (or is it that comes off the OEM system?). My muffler shop filled in the spare spot with an OEM-style hanger for free and that is working perfectly through all my autocrossing and travels.
Interesting. I'll keep my eye on that.

good news/bad news...I found one, no idea where the other one went. Glad to mail it to ya if you want it.

lol, no worries...and I briefly forgot, but it was 900 bucks minus 200 for my snowflakes 😬
Hey man, don't worry about it. I don't want to trouble you for one piece. I'm glad you looked though! Thank you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dang, those exhaust systems are all so spendy. Just did a resonator/muffler delete, threw an 18" glass in place of the stock resonator and a cheap ebay tip all for $260. Sounds just as good, if not better than all those $500+ systems. I might put another glass after the first bend to reduce the noise a little more, I dont want it too loud and right now it's kind of on the edge for me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Alrighty. I got my Borla a couple of days ago and I'm starting to piece together how I'm going to do this. I have two jack stands and I was wondering if I just lift the whole driver side of the car up, would I have enough room to do what I need to do? I was thinking about lifting just the back but even if the car was in gear it could move on me and I don't want that...Right? I do have chocks to throw under the front wheels though.

·
Registered
108 Posts
@OregunST

I thought the exact same thing for the last few years until I recently bought and installed a cat-back. My original setup was a 200 cel catted downpipe and a muffler and resonator delete with a small bullet muffler where the resonator was. It sounded good, but I quickly realized how much better is sounded with the cat-back. YouTube really doesn't do exhaust videos any justice whatsoever.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Alrighty. I got my Borla a couple of days ago and I'm starting to piece together how I'm going to do this. I have two jack stands and I was wondering if I just lift the whole driver side of the car up, would I have enough room to do what I need to do? I was thinking about lifting just the back but even if the car was in gear it could move on me and I don't want that...Right? I do have chocks to throw under the front wheels though.
i did both my catbacks with just a pair of car ramps...put them in the front to sawzall the old downpipe bolts and cut the old aystem out, then install the long stretch. then backed up on them to cut the rear out, install the tailpipe, over-axle piece and crank all the bolts down 😉

·
Registered
21 Posts
@OregunST

I thought the exact same thing for the last few years until I recently bought and installed a cat-back. My original setup was a 200 cel catted downpipe and a muffler and resonator delete with a small bullet muffler where the resonator was. It sounded good, but I quickly realized how much better is sounded with the cat-back. YouTube really doesn't do exhaust videos any justice whatsoever.
I'm pretty happy with how it sounds.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts

Cobb hangers were perfect fitment for me, zero adjustment so far, and after 200 miles it’s already settled in to barely noticeable doing 70mph @3k rpms in 6th. I think this photo might be slightly off-center but it looks straight w/ no rattles:

·
Registered
16 Posts
So, I installed the borla in 32f weather and I'm glad I did. Holy hell. After having a muffler delete for a year and half with the boomy loud drone in the cabin, this...This blows that away. Quieter in the cabin, loud (enough) on the outside. Sound effects, although I can't hear it in car :(. I installed it with the drivers side up, not a big deal until the over axle part, had to jack it up more, bang the heatshield and half-ass form it back. Kind of a mess there. The stock hangers worked well, no banging or misalignment after pushing the axle over part up a bit and tightening down the clamps. It sounds awesome and surpassed my expectations by miles.

Thank you guys.

Now what to do with my stock tips and custom axle back..

·
Registered
510 Posts
Cheapest, low drone, 3in catback? Sorry I don’t want to read through a couple hundred pages
The short answer is, it doesn't exist (cheap and low drone). You pay for reasearch and development. Go with a 2.5 inch exhaust.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I have the CNT V2 catback. Two and a half inch dual resonator 304 stainless steel. Absolutely no drone whatsoever until you put it down five on it. Then there's drone with the slightest throttle input. This is the only place I've seen recently that doesn't say out of stock. Do yourself a favor and pick up some aftermarket exhaust hangers like cobb. I'm using torque solutions exhaust hangers. And don't cut off the hanger that goes above the axle. There's a hanger on the body that the factory doesn't use. pretty much any 3in exhaust you get is going to have horrible drone unless you pay big bucks or get a good deal on something used.

5241 - 5256 of 5256 Posts