Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"Pepper" acquitted herself quite well in her first autox and my autox skills aren't as rusty as I feared. Broke her cherry at one of the older clubs in Oregon and believe I set fastest stock time and about 6th fastest overall in the morning session (street prepared being faster). No national-level competitors. Typical of regional clubs I've encountered over the years, times are not reliably posted and event results have not been published. A few people approached me to say they really liked the Hot Pepper Red color or were impressed that I was flogging her with the dealer plates still on the car.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to mention one hiccup: the hood prop pops out of the little plastic bracket! So I'd come back to grid after every run, pop open the hood to help cool the engine, and the damn prop is laying there loose. WTF? Snap it back into the holder and it comes loose on the next run.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
"Pepper" acquitted herself quite well in her first autox and my autox skills aren't as rusty as I feared. Broke her cherry at one of the older clubs in Oregon and believe I set fastest stock time and about 6th fastest overall in the morning session (street prepared being faster). No national-level competitors. Typical of regional clubs I've encountered over the years, times are not reliably posted and event results have not been published. A few people approached me to say they really liked the Hot Pepper Red color or were impressed that I was flogging her with the dealer plates still on the car.
What autoX event? Portland area?

color is great, wish they had it back when, but I do love my MM so.

Took my car to PIR with 500 miles and dealer plates and the track guy said "you know what you are getting into, this thing doesn't have plates yet?" I was like, "I got this" lol . Which now I never even get out to events and shake my car around a track, oh well, maybe again someday.

Forgot to mention one hiccup: the hood prop pops out of the little plastic bracket! So I'd come back to grid after every run, pop open the hood to help cool the engine, and the damn prop is laying there loose. WTF? Snap it back into the holder and it comes loose on the next run.
Get hood struts and remove that silly bar that cheap as$ Furd sends you off with. that prop is better at getting in your way then it is at holding up the hood anyways

Congrats on the purchase and glad to see you enjoying it!

PS: watch out for a white ST with orange rims ;) you wont be in the same class tho.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What autoX event? Portland area?
State fairgrounds in Salem. Right now I'm mainly trying to get myself used to the car, trying to schedule as many runs as possible for the least dollars without too much travel. Which means SCCA events at Packwood or Bremerton are generally not going to happen for the remainder of the season as they're 3-3.5 hr hauls for me; next year SCCA will be the priority.

My 2018 schedule
Jul 28-29 Astoria Airport
Aug 11-12 PIR
Aug 25-26 Eugene Valley River Center
Sep 14-15 PIR
Sep 22 Shelton Sanderson Field
Sep 23 Bremerton
Sep 30 PIR
Oct 7 Oregon State Fairgrounds
Oct 13-14 PIR
Oct 21 Shelton Sanderson Field

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Final results were posted. Ha! I was hitting more cones than were reported. So need to adjust my mental image of the width by a tad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts