Ford Focus ST Forum banner

241 - 260 of 288 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
Duece if I had the money you spend on knives there wouldn't be a drug or hooker safe NO WHERE.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Lmfao!

Yeah i chose knives over employing the workers of the oldest proffession and snooters.

Geez, if I wasn't some insane person buying tons of BS, I'd be driving something nicer that a Ford, ;)

·
Super Moderator
8,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #243

·
Super Moderator
8,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #245
M390 and CF, can't say I blame you, lol.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
@jesse_sanders jumped in on it too!

This is like exactly what i hoped they would make.

Kershaw sprint runs are really doing cool stuff. And those price points!! You literally cant beat them.

·
Super Moderator
8,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #247
Ok then, I have some time...

...why that one over the ZT0777?
You mean this ZT

The kershaw has better steel, manual flipping, and is cheaper. It uses the ZT bearings, they are both owned by KAI and share materials, designs, etc.

M390 over S35vn anyday.

The Kershaw weighs less.

Im not a fan of assisted opening.

Due to the assisted, the ZT is not on ball bearings.

This sprint cant be beat at the price. It's going to be sold out just as fast as the leek did. Which was immediately, lmao

·
Super Moderator
8,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #249
Nope...I was indeed referencing the triple 7, which I believe eliminates all your arguments. But upon further investigation, is not as available as google led me to believe 😂
Yeah the triple 7 was like 1000 dollars and a shotshow limited type run thing. A grail knife. I had a feeling you got mixed up with it, lol.

·
Super Moderator
8,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #250
20200529_134855.jpg
20200529_135207.jpg
20200529_135635.jpg
20200529_135833.jpg
20200529_135916.jpg
20200529_135926.jpg
20200529_134814.jpg

@jesse_sanders IT"S HERE!!!

Funny thing is that I use a microtech to open up the kershaw, lmao

The pics got a bit mixed up, too lazy to sort them.

The lineup, Microtech Ultratech Spartan, Spyderco Para3 LW M390 edition, The Kershaw sprint 7777CFM390, and a Benchmade bugout KC exclusive iirc.

The handles are big ol slabs of real CF with some nice milling. Backspacer is a nicely machined part too. Not a ton of detail, but enough for sure. At the 150 price tag, its very nice.

Does not weigh much, like a 3oz knife iirc. Handle size isn't big, its pretty comfortable though and easy to control the blade. I have pretty large hands, not humongous, but not small. In general I am not a small person. 6' 4" 285 lbs, a Fosters Oil can looks regular sized in my hands, lmao

Detent is ok, I like mine a bit stiffer, but the action is breaking in very nicely. It's a good flipper. It feels more like a ZT than a Kershaw.

Blade length to handle is really good, thats like a 3.625" ish CUTTING EDGE on the kershaw,

You see a terrible pic of pocket clip comparisons. A ZT 0562, The Banana Leek with a MXG gear clip, and the 7777 with the OEM clip. Ramping on the 7777 is really good! It will get over some thick pants. The clip itself is pretty stiff out of the box, hopefully it breaks in a bit to relieve so much tension. Not a huge deal, unlike the ramping. Its a good deep carry too.

Blade is hair popping sharp from the factory, good traction via jimping on the blade and flipper tab. Pocket clip has enough real estate for my pinky and ring finger to hold onto.

Overall, it's pretty stellar. Super happy with it. It's a really nice EDC knife, on the border of being too nice to beat on, but it's just a cutting tool. I should have bought two, lmfao!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Yessir. Got mine today as well which was a cool surprise as it was set to be delivered tomorrow.

As duece said it's a solid piece. Mine seems to hang a bit on opening but I'm sure it just needs to be worn in some.

Since it's the nicest knife I own I don't think I can do it th disservice of EDC. I'd hate to mangle the carbon fiber but we'll see what the future of my knife purchases hold.

·
Super Moderator
8,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
Yessir. Got mine today as well which was a cool surprise as it was set to be delivered tomorrow.

As duece said it's a solid piece. Mine seems to hang a bit on opening but I'm sure it just needs to be worn in some.

Since it's the nicest knife I own I don't think I can do it th disservice of EDC. I'd hate to mangle the carbon fiber but we'll see what the future of my knife purchases hold.

When you get into "working finishes" such as blackwash, stonewash, etc, it takes a little bit to break in if the company coats to the area where the detent rides on the blade. Which most companies do. So theres some break in. 95 percent of the time, I find a slow action to be caused by the detent on the lockbar riding on the blade. The bearings are super smooth and slick, but that detent needs to wear a groove in the blade to get the action slicked up.

One thing I would have liked, is a bit more traction on the lockbar, its super smooth. Machining a line or two in it would make operating it much easier.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
When you get into "working finishes" such as blackwash, stonewash, etc, it takes a little bit to break in if the company coats to the area where the detent rides on the blade. Which most companies do. So theres some break in. 95 percent of the time, I find a slow action to be caused by the detent on the lockbar riding on the blade. The bearings are super smooth and slick, but that detent needs to wear a groove in the blade to get the action slicked up.

One thing I would have liked, is a bit more traction on the lockbar, its super smooth. Machining a line or two in it would make operating it much easier.
I found myself putting pressure on the lock when trying to open. Correcting this helped but it still needs more cycles I feel like.

It kind of feels like a gritty gun that needs a take down to be cleaned. But not that intense. Just kind of a hang.

·
Premium Member
2017 Kona Blue ST1
343 Posts

Well I'm off to mow the back yard...
LoL!

Stay safe kids.
J

·
Super Moderator
8,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #255

·
Premium Member
2017 Kona Blue ST1
343 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Kona Blue ST1
343 Posts
I'm just happy to see that I'm not the only one running an M&P on the warbelt!
I like the look of the rebated suppressor under the full sized handguard.
I run 30 cal cans on all my ar's and .45 cal on all my pistols regardless of the caliber.
Still effective and BS stamps.

·
Super Moderator
8,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #258
I'm just happy to see that I'm not the only one running an M&P on the warbelt!
I like the look of the rebated suppressor under the full sized handguard.
I run 30 cal cans on all my ar's and .45 cal on all my pistols regardless of the caliber.
Still effective and BS stamps.

Yeah, I prefer my modded Vp9, but the MP 5" is just fantastic out the box. Home run for sure

I have yet to run it in this config, lol! Its a quarantine build, and our ranges havnt opened back up yet. Main concerns are heat into the handguard, so I may be wrapping the can if I can find something proper thats fits under the handguard.

Thats a Rugged Obsidian 45 with a 9mm endcap and a 3 lug mount, so I dont have to worry about anything coming loose under there, and so I can swap it over to this bad boy.

20200601_155433.jpg
20200601_155441.jpg

Waiting on the Holosun 510c Elite to come in the mail, and the 3 lug adapter. Then she's good to go. Tons of mods, really tough to setup with such little real estate, but its where I want it to be, minus the "arm brace"

Waiting to swap it to a ACR stock with a Tailhook brace on the end. It's dead sexy, and will get me a better cheek weld. Also cough*adjustable LOP* cough , definitely to keep it under the 13.5" that the ATF "suggests", No way I would make it longer to make the package easier to shoot via accidental shouldering...

Yeah **** all the BS. Its not preventing ****. Like a criminal cares if their equipment is legal, lmfao!!!

·
Registered
440 Posts
I get my bonus next Friday and I'm beginning to try and come up with ideas to spend some of it in ways that isn't responsible adult behavior. I had been looking at Springfield M1A's, but the one I was looking at appears to hardly be in stock, so looking around at other guns. I figure this would be the best time to finally pick up a Microtech, as well. SWFA is local to me, so I might swing by this weekend to see if they happen to have any in store (their website shows no Microtech knives in stock).

·
Super Moderator
8,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #260
I get my bonus next Friday and I'm beginning to try and come up with ideas to spend some of it in ways that isn't responsible adult behavior. I had been looking at Springfield M1A's, but the one I was looking at appears to hardly be in stock, so looking around at other guns. I figure this would be the best time to finally pick up a Microtech, as well. SWFA is local to me, so I might swing by this weekend to see if they happen to have any in store (their website shows no Microtech knives in stock).
Going to fondle them and take notes?

Thats a great move! I bought most of mine without any firsthand knowledge. Come to find one of the gun stores I frequent is a microtech dealer!!! Got to get my grubby mitts on some of that good good.

As far as buying though, unless they have exactly what you want, mailorder man. Get that rare pure sex combo you want. No compromise.

Lmk if I can help spend your money.

241 - 260 of 288 Posts