Ford Focus ST Forum banner

221 - 240 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
went on the kershaw site when the 1st post was made and it was out of stock guess i just missed the extra supply they had.. snooze ya lose.

·
Super Moderator
8,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
went on the kershaw site when the 1st post was made and it was out of stock guess i just missed the extra supply they had.. snooze ya lose.
Yeah, it was pretty much gone both times, immediately.

·
Super Moderator
8,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
I missed this post somehow... I wear a medium in Mechanix gloves.

The merlot is really growing on me the more I look at it, especially with the black coated blade and hardware. Other colors that I am seeing of theirs that look good as well would be that dark tan (Burnt Bronze is an awesome color) that you picked up or another similar understated color. The bronzed finish on the blade/hardware also looks pretty good (and looks good with the Merlot from what I have seen in images).

Also, the bayonet grind is growing on me a little. Unfortunately, that combination doesn't appear to exist outside of the DLC Tactical version, lol.

Here it is!!

·
Registered
428 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
Any experience with Southern Tactical Blades? It looks like they have it for a few dollars more (did a search for the model number), but they have free 2-day priority shipping. Their website says that they are an authorized Microtech dealer, but didn't know if you had any experience with either them or PVK.Vegas.
Nope, you can google search them. They seem pretty legit though. The googles will let you know real quick.

You could cross reference from Microtechs site i think, as well.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Nope, you can google search them. They seem pretty legit though. The googles will let you know real quick.

You could cross reference from Microtechs site i think, as well.
Yeah, I managed to cross check using their ZIP code. I also did a Google search, but not a lot of results were popping up, so I figured I would see if you had any personal experience, lol.

·
Super Moderator
8,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
Yeah, I managed to cross check using their ZIP code. I also did a Google search, but not a lot of results were popping up, so I figured I would see if you had any personal experience, lol.

Its a 70, so its tiny, but hot damn. I wish i had that in the fullsize ultratech.

·
Registered
903 Posts

Heres my setup. Its stock for now, hoping to start modding it soon. I'm open to tips for my build on this bad boy if anyone is willing to share their expertise.

·
Super Moderator
8,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #233
View attachment 379215

Heres my setup. Its stock for now, hoping to start modding it soon. I'm open to tips for my build on this bad boy if anyone is willing to share their expertise.
Tanto grind it, acid etch it, some kind of knotty burl handles. Leather sheath. Done.

;)

·
Registered
903 Posts
Lol!

In all seriousness, i dont get into this stuff much but this is my daily use knife. Gerber i bought probably 8 years ago. Was sadly lost in a couch for over a year but then found and hasn't left my side, gets beat up every day at work and been sharpened countless times. She's loyal.

·
Super Moderator
8,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #235
Lol!

In all seriousness, i dont get into this stuff much but this is my daily use knife. Gerber i bought probably 8 years ago. Was sadly lost in a couch for over a year but then found and hasn't left my side, gets beat up every day at work and been sharpened countless times. She's loyal.
Nothing like an honest beater EDC. Or finding one you thought you lost!

Reminds me of a story. I was rooting around my buddies shop, and pull out some duffel bags or some crap. In the bottom of one was a SOG Trident knife. I had it in my hand and looked at my buddy. He started busting out laughing. He thought he lost it years ago, like immediately when he got it, so he bought another one as a cover due to it being a gift. The big dummy put it in that bag and totally forgot.

Now he has two POS wobbly assisted blades, lmfao

·
Super Moderator
8,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #237
@Duece McCracken, did you see where Kershaw will be announcing their next sprint run on Tuesday? They've posted some "sneak peek" photos on Facebook.
Im not on facebook but i will now take a peek!

221 - 240 of 258 Posts