Ford Focus ST Forum banner

201 - 220 of 258 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #201

Just snagged a new clip for the Banana Assassin, crap, I should get one for my buddy.

I'd love to see a sprint Bare Knuckle.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Well the utx70 and 85 are just smaller Ultratechs, the number references the percentage of the original. So 70 percent, and 85 percent respectively. Making them, pretty tiny.

What hand size do you have?

The Troodon is a bit more expensive, but its definitely not "Just get an ultratech". I wish I got a troodon instead of the ultratech i currently have. A troodon is smaller than an ultratech though in length, but has a bit more meat to hold onto.

Favorite colors?

I can hunt through my normal microtech sources for something that fits your bill perfect.

When it comes to all the choices (blade styles, colors, etc) I find that you shouldn't compromise. Pull the trigger on the one you really want, or wait until it pops up.
I missed this post somehow... I wear a medium in Mechanix gloves.

The merlot is really growing on me the more I look at it, especially with the black coated blade and hardware. Other colors that I am seeing of theirs that look good as well would be that dark tan (Burnt Bronze is an awesome color) that you picked up or another similar understated color. The bronzed finish on the blade/hardware also looks pretty good (and looks good with the Merlot from what I have seen in images).

Also, the bayonet grind is growing on me a little. Unfortunately, that combination doesn't appear to exist outside of the DLC Tactical version, lol.

·
Super Moderator
8,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
I missed this post somehow... I wear a medium in Mechanix gloves.

The merlot is really growing on me the more I look at it, especially with the black coated blade and hardware. Other colors that I am seeing of theirs that look good as well would be that dark tan (Burnt Bronze is an awesome color) that you picked up or another similar understated color. The bronzed finish on the blade/hardware also looks pretty good (and looks good with the Merlot from what I have seen in images).

Also, the bayonet grind is growing on me a little. Unfortunately, that combination doesn't appear to exist outside of the DLC Tactical version, lol.
Lol, well they are released in random batches. Gotta figure out what you want and snag it, or hawk for it.

The merlot is some hot **** though, i'd snag it before its gone. This is the first time i've seen that color. It may not be back around any time soon.

Lmk if you want me hawking for your "precious".

·
Super Moderator
8,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
By all means! I've been poking around some and saw where Southern Edges had the Dirac in Merlot in stock (at the moment).
So what are the configs you are looking for specifically? Lol

·
Registered
428 Posts
I think I've landed on the Merlot Dirac (model 225-1MR). I wear looser jeans for work, so I'm not as concerned about the firing button being on top (looks like it is still less than 0.5" tall from looking at the specs, which is thinner than my ZT, lol).

I say this and once I buy something, they'll drop a bayonet Ultratech in maroon. 🤣

·
Super Moderator
8,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
I think I've landed on the Merlot Dirac (model 225-1MR). I wear looser jeans for work, so I'm not as concerned about the firing button being on top (looks like it is still less than 0.5" tall from looking at the specs, which is thinner than my ZT, lol).

I say this and once I buy something, they'll drop a bayonet Ultratech in maroon. 🤣
Lmfao! Yeah I havnt seen a bayonet in merlot. Which means it may be next batch. It'd be a premium config for sure.

If you snag the Dirac, then search is over. Unless your knife budget doubled, lmfao

Oh, forgot to mention. They have black coated, then they have black DLC, the later being the premium coating. Just something to keep in mind. All the little details that make each microtech a bit special.

·
Super Moderator
8,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
It came in today! And it's going into the pocket, lol.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Well, after you switch it to tip up carry, unless you are some kind of savage.

Looking real good, mine should be here like tomorrow. No ETA on the pocket clip yet, so who knows.

·
Super Moderator
8,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
I had to run to a chiropractor appointment, so it is getting switched around as soon as I get back home, lol

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
🤔🤔🤔

A likely story...

We will need pics later. As proof. Plus i want to see the other side of the blade out, lol

Have fun getting adjusted!

·
Registered
2015 ST3
56 Posts
Fenix pd35
Ridge titanium wallet
Focus keys with house and shop key
Sog flash ii
Wooden beard comb

I generally only carry the flash light when working.

·
Registered
2015 ST3
56 Posts
I'll add in my daily watch

Garmin Fenix 5X with metal band.
It's been on 4 continents and still works perfect

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Not an EDC (never needed one), but sharp an pointy.

·
Super Moderator
8,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #219
201 - 220 of 258 Posts