Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 256 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to our diverse community, I enjoy bringing other hobbies over here, and decided to give fellow knife nuts a place to share.

I like EDC threads, and such. So This is a natural thread for me to start, lmao

Wallets, watches, knives, multitools, Pens, etc. All that everyday goodness.

I'm just going to post one or two, here and there. No need to blow the whole collection all at once. So feel free to do the same. Drag it out some, keep it alive, lol

Trayvax element
Olight S20 Baton
Leatherman Wave Plus in black oxide
Benchmade Contego 810

That Tank was my EDC knife for quite some time. I beat the snot out of it, like no ****s given using it daily at work and everything else. The CPM M4 steel does corrode, so theres some rust and other patina on it. No big deal, just a nature of the beast. Probably the most solid grip and texturing I have yet to experience on a folding knife. It has all these jimping spots that you really grip into. It's crazy. One of my favorites for sure. Weighs like close to 6 oz though, and is by no means small, so it's not for everyone, lmao

·
Premium Member
3,615 Posts
Well I don't have any pics of any of my other stuff right now but..............I do have pens lol (well I make them). I won't post all the pics but you can look in here.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/GZ7QuT5vgOwFeHoE2

·
Super Moderator
8,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm too poor to have cool knives :(

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Donate plasma, and shop smart. Kershaw has some awesome knives for the money. Just sayin, lol

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
I don't have a photo handy, maybe I will snap one tomorrow. Aside from wallet, cell phone, and keys, I will always have a Spyderco Delica and PB Swiss Insider. I never really seem to need a multitool, but the screwdriver really comes in handy. I used to carry a Berretta 3032, but then I start to have too much stuff in my pockets. I used to be a benchmade guy, but the spydercos are so much lighter and flatter.

·
Super Moderator
8,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't have a photo handy, maybe I will snap one tomorrow. Aside from wallet, cell phone, and keys, I will always have a Spyderco Delica and PB Swiss Insider. I never really seem to need a multitool, but the screwdriver really comes in handy. I used to carry a Berretta 3032, but then I start to have too much stuff in my pockets. I used to be a benchmade guy, but the spydercos are so much lighter and flatter.

I also switched to Spyderco. This Para 2 is my edc beater now. I like the blade geometry better, the compression lock is fantastic, and it is a tighter package. Their pocket clips suck though. So I threw a MXG gear on there.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Donate plasma, and shop smart. Kershaw has some awesome knives for the money. Just sayin, lol
And if you are looking at Kershaws, there is always Kershawguy.com. You can buy cosmetically blemished knives for a reduced price. I got my Kershaw Blur for about $45 a few years ago and couldn't find the blemish (and have put my own scratches into it since then).

·
Premium Member
3,615 Posts
And if you are looking at Kershaws, there is always Kershawguy.com. You can buy cosmetically blemished knives for a reduced price. I got my Kershaw Blur for about $45 a few years ago and couldn't find the blemish (and have put my own scratches into it since then).
I did not know that, I'm totally a Kershaw guy myself. Don't carry it at work because it doesn't really go with the dress code, but outside of work it's always on me.

Here is my work loadout though.
IMG_20190125_121624.jpg

·
Super Moderator
8,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have three or four Kershaw's. My current carry is a CRKT but they're hardly picture worthy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Doesn't matter, get some pics. Lets see this crkt.

·
Super Moderator
8,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I haven't looked too much into knives. I've always had cheap ones. Been thinking I should buy a good knife but don't want to spend alot.

Sent from another garage.
Define "alot"

I'm very partial to USA made knives, but if you are looking for something budget friendly, that normally isn't part of the equation.

What size hands do you have?

Size preference? Weight preference? Assisted or manual? Blade shape? Lmao

For the money, two brands stick out in my mind for value.

Kizer, and Kershaw.

Kizer has sweet sweet actions, and quite the diversity in their product line. Chinese manufacturing, but state of the art, and quality is there for sure.

https://www.amazon.com/KIZER-Handles-Material-Folding-Begleiter/dp/B07LGCY6V3/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1548451932&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=kizer+begleiter+knife&psc=1&smid=AHK7UE15O1K4T

Kershaw has an amazing US based customer service, and makes very good knives for the money. They have US and foreign made knives.

Kershaw Skyline is pretty awesome. Here's one with damasteel. For that touch of class. Lol

https://www.amazon.com/Kershaw-1760DAM-Damascus-Skyline-Linerlock/dp/B00247SLPS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1548451903&sr=8-2&keywords=kershaw+skyline

If you want something really nice, but want to drop some more coin, I love Zero Tolerance knives. I have iirc 4 or 5 of them right now. Amazing actions, great steels, something for everyone, USA made, and it's the bigger brother of Kershaw. So same great customer service.

A ZT designed by Dmitri Sinkevich, who does amazing flippers, with low weight, and stellar ergos. I Love his ZT models. This one is kinda tiny, I'm a large knife guy though. This is perfect EDC for size and weight.

https://www.amazon.com/Zero-Tolerance-0450CF-Sinkevich-Carbon/dp/B01IW24B4S/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1548452136&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=Zero+Tolerance&psc=1

I shop amazon, Bladehq, cutleryshoppe, Knifecenter, and smoky mountain knife works. Mostly, lmao

·
Super Moderator
8,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've been looking at the Kershaw Launch 6 lately. Saw an email where Grabagun has them for $75.99.
I'm not a big auto guy, but dang, people LOVE the launch series. Kershaw has assisted and autos down to a great economical design. Value for sure.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Knives? Did someone say kinives? I like knives ... and potato guns... and .....insert (white heterosexual male toxic masculinity things) here. Im such a naughty boy ?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Knives? Did someone say kinives? I like knives ... and guns... and .....insert (white heterosexual male toxic masculinity things) here. Im such a naughty boy ��
Look at chu go meng. I see another microtech fan.

I cant believe you have that jagdkommando, and I thought I bought ridiculous ****. Lmao

Is that a real HK, or a PTR91, or a dressed up CETME?

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Look at chu go meng. I see another microtech fan.

I cant believe you have that jagdkommando, and I thought I bought ridiculous ****. Lmao

Is that a real HK, or a PTR91, or a dressed up CETME?
Yeah Ive bought a lot of crap that just collects dust!! That's a Cetme with HK G3 dress up parts and some internals. It was one of the original batches that came in back when they were still of good quality, had a good bolt head & gap and before they got cloned / pieced together by every tom, **** & harry. My bud has a HK91 and while the Cetme does the job of an affordable battle rifle, it just doesn't have the same quality control in the fit n finish or overall reliability of an HK even though it started out as an HK contract rifle. It's been gone over thoroughly and massaged/parts replaced where needed to make it life on line reliable if I had to take it into that scenario. Ive owned and shot many low end & high end semi-auto rifles (AK, AR, FN, etc) (and pistols too) in different calibers and must say I enjoy the .308/7.62x51 as an all purpose shooter. I must say though, I'm really liking the practicality of the subs & SBR's and may be picking up a FN PS90 as my next wish list purchase.

I recently picked up a Tokarev to match my PPS43 in 7.62x25 ... This cheap azz thing is serious competition to my 1911

My ultimate wish list if I had an extra 10K (yes a Barrett is also on the list just for Nostalgia) is this bad boy, the Anzio 20mm:

MAG-FED 20MM RIFLE - Anzio Ironworks

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Im still kicking myself in the azz for not picking up one of these when they were on the market, the spring shipped seperately!!!

bal1.jpg bal2.jpg bal3.jpg bal4.jpg

·
Super Moderator
8,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah Ive bought a lot of crap that just collects dust!! That's a Cetme with HK G3 dress up parts and some internals. It was one of the original batches that came in back when they were still of good quality, had a good bolt head & gap and before they got cloned / pieced together by every tom, **** & harry. My bud has a HK91 and while the Cetme does the job of an affordable battle rifle, it just doesn't have the same quality control in the fit n finish or overall reliability of an HK even though it started out as an HK contract rifle. It's been gone over thoroughly and massaged/parts replaced where needed to make it life on line reliable if I had to take it into that scenario. Ive owned and shot many low end & high end semi-auto rifles (AK, AR, FN, etc) (and pistols too) in different calibers and must say I enjoy the .308/7.62x54 as an all purpose shooter. I must say though, I'm really liking the practicality of the subs & SBR's and may be picking up a FN PS90 as my next wish list purchase.

I recently picked up a Tokarev to match my PPS43 in 7.62x25 ... This cheap azz thing is serious competition to my 1911

My ultimate wish list if I had an extra 10K (yes a Barrett is also on the list just for Nostalgia) is this bad boy, the Anzio 20mm:

MAG-FED 20MM RIFLE - Anzio Ironworks
I had a good Cetme back in the day. Good headspacing, beautiful wood furniture, good shooter. Fluted chamber sucks for reloaders, lol. I'm with you on 7.62 nato, right now im on a .300blk kick though. Atf should be clearing my paperwork this month for the suppressor. The shutdown didnt help, ugh.

Looks like I'll post up one of my microtechs tomorrow. Trying to space this out. Lmao.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
kinda looks like something that could be made with the JagD sheath and a xr50 front shock spring ;) lol!!!

0822061823.jpg

1 - 20 of 256 Posts