Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I'm a new member here, living in the Metro Detroit area. I picked up a 2013 ST3 in Tangerine Scream just over a week ago, so I'll be using this thread to keep everyone updated on what I've done!

Here it is the day I brought it home:

I bought the car from a friend from college who was the second owner, and had it since 2013. It's got 28k miles, and is basically immaculate. Here are some of the mods that my friend did in the time he owned the car:

Steeda rear sway bar
Steeda short throw adapter plate
Sound symposer delete
Rearview Camera
Sparco Assetto Gara wheels (also came with Blizzaks on the stock snowflakes)
Rally Armour mudflaps
Weather Tech floor liners

This past weekend I got started on doing a few more minor appearance mods:

(this is the Michigan ST and RS club)

Next up will be window tint and a gloss black roof wrap!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For all of MFT's faults, I do really like that you can upload your own wallpapers. I found this one on an F-150 forum:

Also added a decal for the start button:

And did the American flag thing:

Can't wait to get the windows tinted. Might be happening this week.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Nice start and good luck!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got the Focus to the tint shop today!

Image may contain: car and outdoor

35% tint all the way around, tinted tails and rear reflectors, and gloss black roof wrap. I love how it all turned out!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Updates! This past weekend, I installed a set of Ebay sequential LED turn signals. I'll have to figure out how to upload the video, but I can assure you, they're sweet.

I also installed a stubby antenna:

And I installed a set of Steeda jacking rails:

I also got the MBRP Pro Series cat-back exhaust. After almost a month with the new exhaust, honestly, I think it's too loud for my preference in a daily driver, especially at highway speed. It's fine at road load around 75-80, but if you crowd the pedal at all it's almost unbearably loud. I wish I would've just ponied up and gotten the Ford Racing exhaust. I'm considering looking into installing a different muffler to bring the volume down a bit.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After a long winter, time for some spring updates!

First thing I did before switching back to the summer tires was painting the brake calipers gloss black:

Next up: Eibach Pro-kit lowering springs:

I also ordered a front lip from Extreme Online Store, painted it gloss black, and popped that on too:

Really digging how it's all coming together!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A couple updates. The good news: I finally caved and got Maxton Design side skirts. I LOVE how they look!

Also, being bored during quarantine, I decided to start painting the engine cover. Here's how it looks currently. Once the touch-up paint comes in, I plan on painting the front section to match the body color:

The bad news: it was pretty windy that day. I went for a drive, and apparently the fasteners I had used to install the front lip using the existing holes in both the lip and the bumper weren't robust enough to handle driving 75mph into a 40mph head wind. The wind actually pulled the lip off the car 😭😭😭 really though, it's my fault for not using beefier fasteners. Lesson learned, I already ordered a replacement.

Gotta say though, the car still looks pretty good:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
Yea, I drilled new holes and used 3/8ths bolts on my lip...cause I drive a LONG ways to work and didn’t want to be dragging it during a spirited run with random freeway cars 😉

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
More quarantine updates!

the color-matched spray paint I ordered from automotivetouchup.com finally showed up, so I got to work! First was some interior updates - hit the e-brake handle, door pulls, and HVAC trim:

another thing I wanted to do was color-match the snorkel inlet. I question if it was worth removing the entire bumper, but hey, it's quarantine. Gotta keep myself occupied somehow.

Finished up the engine cover, but I think I need to get a black overlay for the logo now:

I also installed LED fog lights. these suckers are BRIGHT

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
Nice!! How did you paint the HVAC trim?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just popped it out and painted it with everything else. All the pieces I painted popped off pretty easily with one of those plastic trim removal tools, except the passenger side HVAC trim was a bit tricky.

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
I want to color mine too. But I'd rather wrap them, it's less of a mess. Also, I'd wrap the door handles too.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts