Ford Focus ST Forum banner

261 - 280 of 350 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Here's the very first Rocket Science Snorkel. I hope you guys are as happy with it as I am. JP
So...by all means am I not a small guy. Nor am I huge. Just on the bulkier side....which means im healthy, yet LOVE my sweets! Where am I going with this?

It looks like a buttery sweet wholesome pastery! Im literally drooling over here.

Congrats on your accomplishments JP, keep them up and as always cannot wait until your next adventure into help out this fantastic community!

-Nick

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #263 (Edited)
I want in, but how do I pay?
Ps. thanks for keeping quality in mind,it is an inspiration to all of us!
Thanks TG. I'll put you on the Update List, and you'll get the latest information on ordering. Expect a significant update this weekend. JP

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #265
Is it painted, because It looks fantastic.
Beyond, no, that's the pigmented color of the TP-4007 Polyurethane Polymer. It's a really amazing plastic. You can whack it with a hammer, and it barely leaves a scuff mark. The DTUL (Deflection Temperature Under Load), a baseline measure of heat resistance, is 346*F for a 1/4 mm deflection under 264 psi. This is a remarkably high DTUL. More than 100*F higher than the Polyproylene used extensively in the engine bay of the ST. JP

·
Registered
110 Posts
Rocket, Put me down for updates. I am definitely interested.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #272

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #273

·
Registered
17 Posts
Beyond, no, that's the pigmented color of the TP-4007 Polyurethane Polymer. It's a really amazing plastic. You can whack it with a hammer, and it barely leaves a scuff mark. The DTUL (Deflection Temperature Under Load), a baseline measure of heat resistance, is 346*F for a 1/4 mm deflection under 264 psi. This is a remarkably high DTUL. More than 100*F higher than the Polyproylene used extensively in the engine bay of the ST. JP
Outstanding, I'll definitely be buying one! On that note of TP-4007's properties, maybe an intake tube would be next on the list? It appears that you've got a great grasp of design and fabrication.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Outstanding, I'll definitely be buying one! On that note of TP-4007's properties, maybe an intake tube would be next on the list? It appears that you've got a great grasp of design and fabrication.
I consider JP a good friend. I can tell you that he is as my granny would say "pretty f#####g smart". You will notice that it is no accident his threads challenge and encourage an intellectual participation. I am in manufacturing and I believe his process will help everyone understand the challenges of the making a part. That helps all vendors if we as owners, can understand the process, we can be more positive in input to vendors without some stupid comments challenging vendors. Not all parts are equal in development, raw materials, installation and life cycles, hence the price differences. Are JP prices a bit more reasonable than the market could bear, Yes but he is looking at a bigger picture; the ST community.

Ford gave us a very unique platform to build upon and our vendors are helping us do that. JP just wants all to get a degree from Rocket U with your order.

Trust me he has more ideas than time allows.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #278

·
Registered
750 Posts
You seem to have your stuff together and follow through with what you set out to do. Have you given any thoughts to making a center gauge pod to replace the stock triple gauge setup with aftermarket gauges? There's been a lot of talk up to this point from other vendors without anything actually being completed. What do you think?

261 - 280 of 350 Posts