Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 957 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, unfortunately the thread regards the roof racks that was on has gone missing in action so I thought a new thread for anything to do with the ST250 roof rack system, whichever it is Yakima, Thule or any other including Fords OEM offerings which I'm positive are Thule anyway.

This is the UK brochure but the part numbers should be the same, I believe the parts are not available in the US

http://www.ford-accessories.co.uk/productgrouplisting.htm?marketId=GB&languageId=en&modelId=10&categoryId=13&articleNameId=581

http://www.ford-accessories.co.uk/productgroup.htm?marketId=GB&languageId=en&modelId=10&categoryId=13

The part number on my invoice was f 1767 840 RACK ASSY - R

·
Registered
326 Posts
I want this exact set, but the ones in the link look a little different. Also gotta find a way to get them shipped state side. Anyone have any connections?

·
Super Moderator
10,731 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Registered
326 Posts
thanks Dazst250, contacted one and waiting for a response.

AMAirPhoto mentioned he had found someone to ship to him, was hoping he would share his source lol

·
Registered
519 Posts
I want that exact roof rack but its not available in North America. Can you buys one and ship it here? I'll pay you for your time and effort. :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd be happy enough to ship to the US but obviously would need to leave till after Xmas, if you pm me your address or at least a state and zip I can get a shipping cost, or if you want to find out yourself pm me and I'll send you my details.

The price for the rack with today's exchange rate is $267.00 it says on fords web site that the rack is approx 5kg so with packaging I'd say around 6-7kg

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've always tried to help out on every forum I go on, I used to buy VW satnavs for the guys on some of the VW forums I still do now and again, I also do a fair few retrofit stuff for the VW/Audi guys, it's a shame No one has Sussed out a device similar to the VW Vagcom software cos I'd love to go to town on my Focus but most of the software is for the previous gen focus or is over £2k which is dealer software?

If you look up Mortygttdi on google you'll see what I've been doing for the last 7 years:smile: anyway enough of that far past my bedtime so I'm gonna sign off guys and I'll be back on tomorrow with some shipping costs.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I'd be happy enough to ship to the US but obviously would need to leave till after Xmas, if you pm me your address or at least a state and zip I can get a shipping cost, or if you want to find out yourself pm me and I'll send you my details.

The price for the rack with today's exchange rate is $267.00 it says on fords web site that the rack is approx 5kg so with packaging I'd say around 6-7kg
I'll PM you after Christmas then! Thanks!:)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Been to the dealer and they have a 3-5 day lead time for delivery, but I'm going to speak to the guy on eBay who is actually based about 20 minutes from me and see if he'll let me pick them up? It will save us around $70 on each set has he's charging $204.17.

I'm just going to find out a shipping charge and get a general cost, I know the US is a big place so like a couple have already done if you want a specific cost to your door then just pm me.

Cheers

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The cheapest I can find to the US is $271.14, not sure the below link will work but you can check precise costs with this broker.

Parcel2Go - Your quote results

I thought it would have been cheaper, so its upto you guys what you want to do, I think its down to the size of the box which at an estimation is 130cm x 50cm x 50cm and weighs approx 6-7kg? FedEX want over $750 :furious:

I dont want to make anything off this so its upto you guys if you want to donate some beer money :in love:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeh I know it sucks big time, If I come across anything cheaper Ill post up, but its possibly why most wont ship to the US?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I want this exact set, but the ones in the link look a little different. Also gotta find a way to get them shipped state side. Anyone have any connections?
thanks Dazst250, contacted one and waiting for a response.

AMAirPhoto mentioned he had found someone to ship to him, was hoping he would share his source lol
I want that exact roof rack but its not available in North America. Can you buys one and ship it here? I'll pay you for your time and effort. :)
i managed to get it for $307 with the rack shipped to my door, totally random but i was looking on instagram at #focusst and saw this one guy who had gotten something delivered from EU, he said he had a great contact. I emailed this guy and damn he was super thorough and helpful. I asked him if he minded but i think he didnt see it because it was the same time i was sending money. I just emailed and asked him again. Mine is getting shipped monday. It looked different in the pics but then he got it out of the box and it looked the same as Daz's. Getting mine painted all black.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Excellent amairphoto better result than me buddy, glad it's sorted get some pics up once you've got them. Would love to see what they look like in black, especially with my black wrapped roof.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Will do for sure Daz! Thanks for helping out with this one too.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yep its silent, right upto 70mph although I wouldn't go any faster with a bike on top unless, you hate the car behind you :furious:

1 - 20 of 957 Posts