Ford Focus ST Forum banner

161 - 180 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
So.....it has stalled. Currently looking for another person to finish the prototype.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Well just throwing this out there. I am a prototype engineer at Johnson controls automotive interiors (well yanfeng now). I went to school for building prototypes I live on the west side of Michigan in holland. I have all of the tools and skills to build just about anything I want. At work I build prototype interior parts that go to car shows and OEM's across the world. Plus I have a car to test fit it on.

Here is a link to a video about our newest show property I helped build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
Well just throwing this out there. I am a prototype engineer at Johnson controls automotive interiors (well yanfeng now). I went to school for building prototypes I live on the west side of Michigan in holland. I have all of the tools and skills to build just about anything I want. At work I build prototype interior parts that go to car shows and OEM's across the world. Plus I have a car to test fit it on.

Here is a link to a video about our newest show property I helped build

If you are that capable then why not start prototyping your own? You could literally stretch form this thing. I actually considered this myself. Get a stock grill cut out the honeycomb and stretch form to the outer ring. I don't have the setup to be able to produce it because I do mechanical design in cadd not the actual production.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
If you are that capable then why not start prototyping your own? You could literally stretch form this thing. I actually considered this myself. Get a stock grill cut out the honeycomb and stretch form to the outer ring. I don't have the setup to be able to produce it because I do mechanical design in cadd not the actual production.

In all honesty I could and most likely will if nothing comes of this, but why not help someone out and get the ball rolling so more than just myself can have a sweet grille because if i do it I would only do one.

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
In all honesty I could and most likely will if nothing comes of this, but why not help someone out and get the ball rolling so more than just myself can have a sweet grille because if i do it I would only do one.

Oh I definitely get it. I know if I had everything I needed to build my designs I'd have a lot of one off stuff on my car.. Lol

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
@VenomousSVT

I do know a few job shops that could actually build me a tool to produce a few of these. so if nothing happens i will probably build one then decide if i would want to build and sell how many ever people wanted. but that would be a long ways out.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Wow. I am glad I didn't start reading this thread till five minutes ago, now my waiting has been cut short by a few months. Looking forward to seeing something that looks like that Fusion grill.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
::looks at clock::
::looks at calendar::
::starts engraving tomb stone::
Should be done sometime before I'm dead right??

Reactions: pslst
161 - 180 of 187 Posts