Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone!

So over the last few months The Lighting Firm (TLF) has been expanding it's boundaries outside of just retrofitting headlights.

We feel that there is a huge gap in the Ford grille market, so we decided to do something about it.

A few months ago we released our Fusion grille for preorder and it has been a huge hit!

2013-2015-Ford-Fusion-TLF-Grille-img4-510x500.png

Now we have turned our attention to the Focus ST community.

We currently have 1 prototype in the making and 2 more on the way, what we want to know from this community is, what type designs would you like to see on your ST?

We are very open to ideas and want to make sure we release something that everyone loves.

TLF is happy to be a part of this community and we are excited for the future of the ST.

Let me know if you have any questions or ideas? I will be posting pictures of the first prototype soon!

Thanks,

Joshua Johnston
Sales Manager
The Lighting Firm
thelightingfirm.net

·
Registered
431 Posts
I like the looks of what you guys are doing. Any considerations for the 2015 folks?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Please clarify... will this be a replacement for ONLY the black plastic honeycomb grille, or will it be a front bumper cover replacement that includes the front grille?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Please clarify... will this be a replacement for ONLY the black plastic honeycomb grille, or will it be a front bumper cover replacement that includes the front grille?
No where does it say they're offering a bumper + grill, so not sure where you got that from.

Have you guys (TLF) looked at how the stock ST grill mounts? Not only will you have to design a new grill but also a way of mounting it because the stock grill is part of the bumper. Certainly interested in what you've come up with!

·
Banned
2,539 Posts
No where does it say they're offering a bumper + grill, so not sure where you got that from.

Have you guys (TLF) looked at how the stock ST grill mounts? Not only will you have to design a new grill but also a way of mounting it because the stock grill is part of the bumper. Certainly interested in what you've come up with!
@Unreal @Chris796 Only the grille insert. The grille, while part of the bumper, is not bonded to it. It's held in place by clips that are molded on the bumper and the grille have openings that allow it to snap into place.

This has always been a concern of mine because I have had to replace my bumper and remove my old grille and put it on the new one and it SUCKED. Granted I destroyed my bumper to get the grille off it because it was scrap anyways, so I'm really unsure how to remove it without accidently causing some type of damage.

TLF has a 13/14 bumper in their possession that they're using for r&d so they will see what I'm talking about and hopefully have a good handle on the best way to uninstall / install the grille.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Guys,

Just to cover some of the questions, we are just making the grille, not a new bumper.

Also, the grille is actually a separate piece from the bumper, it is very easily removed!

The grille we are making will be a direct swap for the old one.

-TLF Josh

·
Banned
2,539 Posts
Hey Guys,

Just to cover some of the questions, we are just making the grille, not a new bumper.

Also, the grille is actually a separate piece from the bumper, it is very easily removed!

The grille we are making will be a direct swap for the old one.

-TLF Josh
Maybe I had such a hard time removing the grille because it was the dead of winter and my garage was FREEZING and the plastic was extra hard and not pliable.

160 Posts
That would be an awesome upgrade! Any chance you guys would make something to fit the foglight areaas well? Would give the front a very uniform look and would also allow for some air to the brakes.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I may be a rare duck, but I was thinking a black version of the horizontal bars like in the Fusion grille would look nice and make the front of our 'catfish' look a little less O-face..

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Things that would interest me:

01. Greater/better air flow
02. Easier to clean
03. Keep rocks and other debris from damaging the radiator, intercooler, and other parts
04. I think I would prefer a black glossy finish, but would consider other color/finish options
05. Looks better than stock

·
Registered
490 Posts
I'm excited to see the prototype. I did not realize you guys were local here. I may have even had a class with chandler in high school since I now recognized him from the photos on your website. :lol:

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Looking forward to this. Id be interested to see a matching set for replacing of the bars in the bottom, and inserts around the fog lights.

Up for being a prototype guinea pig for anything you come up with ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I can tell you guys this much,

Prototype 1 will be a setback honeycomb very similar to the fusion grille we released a few months ago.

Prototype 2 will be a similar to the stock grille in the ford fusion with the horizontal bars.

Prototype 3 is still up for discussion and will most likely be up to the community or something we will let our fabricator surprise us with.

All grilles will have an option for OEM paint match, gloss black, and/or full carbon fiber.

1 - 20 of 187 Posts