Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1261 - 1280 of 1280 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Funny, I remember even saying that I hated the TS Focus ST, but then I remembered something that I hold really dearly from my childhood...

Their TS flight helmets from that era always stuck in my memory when I think of that classic fighter. :cool:

·
Registered
793 Posts
TS is the first color I ever saw on a FoST in the wild when they first came out... still gorgeous over 5 years later!
It sure is a colour that grows on you. I find it's a tad too bright in basic factory form, but it'll look the business once I get the black carbon racing stripes and carbon bonnet/hood with RS style vents installed. :cool:

·
Registered
145 Posts
It sure is a colour that grows on you. I find it's a tad too bright in basic factory form, but it'll look the business once I get the black carbon racing stripes and carbon bonnet/hood with RS style vents installed. :cool:
Def. wasn't my first choice but it's growing on me. Sure does seem to chip super easy and those chips stick out like a sore thumb. Anyone had any luck with touch up paint? I imagine with the pearlescent it's tough.

·
Vendor
872 Posts
Hey everyone! I recently found a small stash of Tangerine Scream 6" COBB stickers while doing some tidying up. Shoot an email over to [email protected] or PM us here with your mailing address if you would like a couple!

[email protected]

·
Registered
67 Posts
Definately was not looking for a TS when I bought mine! Got a great deal on a 7 months old TS so I jumped on it! Took me a while to get use to it though!

Here are a few pictures both in summer and winter setup! Got the RS winter wheels for winter setup, the red Wilwood sure looked good behind them! Took them off (the wildwoods) the week after for winter though!

IMG_2797.JPG

IMG_2877.JPG

·
Registered
184 Posts
Def. wasn't my first choice but it's growing on me. Sure does seem to chip super easy and those chips stick out like a sore thumb. Anyone had any luck with touch up paint? I imagine with the pearlescent it's tough.
an old post here, but first time I'm seeing it.

Yes, I have had good luck with t/up paint. I get mine from automotivetouchup.com

the color code is LP {note the color description is electric gold pearl ... this is the name used on all other models that have the color available. This IS the correct code. I had to replace a mirror and they come primed. I sprayed with this code and the match is perfect}

You need to order and apply all THREE components. Base color, pearl top coat, and clear.

this place knows this and if you order the code this popup appears: Note: Tri-coat color chosen.
Both a groundcoat and a midcoat of the selected container will be shipped.

they send the two bottles AT THE SAME PRICE as for one bottle of color when ordering small brush bottles OR rattle cans ....

you order the clear separately (you may already have some)

getting a good result when applying t/up by brush is another topic ..... do NOT use the brush in the bottle!!!! Get a GOOD 00 or finer artist brush. I also use Langka - Blob Eliminator but this gets complicated when working with 3 stage paints . . .

I had/have the famous tail light chipping and repaired the paint by brush years ago .... hasn't failed yet {but also worked on the lights to eliminate the cause}

Editorial comment:

I had to fix chips caused by a manufacturing issue. I got my 14 in the fall of 13 and believe it or not .... I've yet to find a rock chip. Zero ... NADA .... no chips in the glass either. I am VERY conscious of how close I follow anything and ESPECIALLY any form of truck that can drop rocks, pebbles etc.

KNOCK ON WOOD .......

my mirror loss was caused by a wood stork dive bombing me while doing 80 on I-95 .... I THOUGHT it was gonna come thru the windshield!!!! When it hit the front I THOUGHT it took out a headlight (I've an ST-3, ouch $$) but it caused no damage on the front ... then came down the side and ripped the right mirror off. The mirror didn't break at the mount or plastic, it ripped the bolts out of the door and tore metal ..... AND the bouncing mirror dented the door on the way bye-bye. Last I saw of that bird it was going under the wheels of an 18 wheeler - with my mirror - protected species or not, that bird got what it deserved!

I digressed ... sorry.

·
Registered
145 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Think they got me squared away.

·
Registered
102 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
I think I'm finally done with appearance mods now that my crash bar is wrapped vinyl and my tire lettering is done.

received_368077143897070.jpeg

20190704_075819.jpg

·
Registered
793 Posts
Just did clay bar, polish, and wax on my new (to me) ST. Looks good clean!

Attachment isn't working for some reason so here is a link:

https://i.imgur.com/suEz6xi.jpg
Man, a pre-facelift that looks mint. Even mine wasn't that factory mint when I bought it and it had less than 2k miles on the clock!

I think I'm finally done with appearance mods now that my crash bar is wrapped vinyl and my tire lettering is done.

View attachment 360547

View attachment 360549
Nice ST, but er, your number plate suggests that you're a tad kinky? :eek:

1261 - 1280 of 1280 Posts