Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1280 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the thread subject! Desperately trying to convince myself that TS is the color for me -- dealer has no info. Previous threads refer to "old TS vs new TS". Is new TS a "yellow school bus" as some say and some pictures suggest? Is it matte or metallic? If it's too school bus-yellow I definitely agree with the earlier post that Tuxedo Black is the way to go -- need to know before my ST3 is built! Thx for any guidance!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dan, is it possible to get a close up angle shot of the paint job in the sun? Still trying to determine what "changes" were made from the release at 2010 Paris show to the now production release. Does anybody have any details on what these changes are, as some have reported? Thanks!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Not sure if they changed the paint color since the Performance Academy in June but, I have additional photos of the Tangerine Scream if it will help. The color has some metallic fleck in it.

·
Super Moderator
6,564 Posts
Dan, is it possible to get a close up angle shot of the paint job in the sun? Still trying to determine what "changes" were made from the release at 2010 Paris show to the now production release. Does anybody have any details on what these changes are, as some have reported? Thanks!
The pre-release color had more of an orange/gold look to it...I liked it better, not that the production color is bad.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Seeing if I can scoop Dan, here.

Just got back from checking out what might be the first ST delivered in Texas.

A few shots, including a close up of the TS paint. Like a lot of three-layer jobs, it seems "flatter" in direct sun, but tends to orange/copper-up in shaded sunshine. A very striking color. In part because it changes with lighting conditions more than most paints.

Keep in mind these are mobile phone shots. Some cloud cover had come in partially on the side view, and you can begin to see the coppery tones on the roof, in particular.

TSFront34.jpg TSSide2.jpg TSPaintCU.jpg

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here ya go!

·
Registered
7 Posts
That was my wife that got the first drive. :in love:

We dropped in last Sunday and told them to call when one came in. They called and we were there 30mins later.

Took it from 2miles on the odometer to 7. She fell in love. It sounds like a beast from inside.

The dealer said they wanted $5K over MSRP. A few minutes later the owner of the dealership said they'd entertain silent bids for 7 days and sell to highest bid. Nope. I told the salesguy I'd pay MSRP and it even killed me to say that. For $35K she could be in an STI.

·
Registered
48 Posts
That was my wife that got the first drive. :in love:

We dropped in last Sunday and told them to call when one came in. They called and we were there 30mins later.

Took it from 2miles on the odometer to 7. She fell in love. It sounds like a beast from inside.

The dealer said they wanted $5K over MSRP. A few minutes later the owner of the dealership said they'd entertain silent bids for 7 days and sell to highest bid. Nope. I told the salesguy I'd pay MSRP and it even killed me to say that. For $35K she could be in an STI.
Yeah. They're doin' their job. Not sure they'll get any takers on this one over MSRP, but you never know. There will be many more...

This is close to my ordered car, minus the sunroof, but mine was just over invoice. I have a wait a couple more weeks, but will be worth it. Color is really better than I expected in person, though!

Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
7 Posts
He has my number if it doesn't sell. It will. That color is a stunner in the sun. I'm colorblind but even I could tell that thing was pretty sparkly. :)

1 - 20 of 1280 Posts