Ford Focus ST Forum banner

161 - 173 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
See sig for current, I hover around 20mpg calculated.
LOTS of city driving for me, which is why it's so low.

About to start new job which should have me driving a bit more, and more highway, so hopefully that number will start creeping up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Over the last 13,000 miles I averaged 27.0 mpg. If I have many non - highway miles that tank will be around 25 mpg.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm sure this has been posted somewhere in some degree, so my appologies. Driving habits aside, are their any mpg benefits to the different tuning stages for the Fost? If so, which stages? I'm guessing most people tune for performance not mpgs, but I was curious about these results from reading a different thread.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I drive about 110 miles a day to-from work, and i'd say about 70-75 miles of that is highway, and I'll only get 26MPG if I'm lucky, and that's cruising at 70mph, shifting around 2500-3000RPM, and minimal sprints.

its all because of that damn wiring harness TSB

·
Registered
200 Posts
Just took a trip from CT to VT. 300 miles round trip. 80% Highway rest was 50 MPH routes. I got 26.1MPG. Had cruise set 95% of trip 70 MPH on highway. Did one 30 MPH pull against an STI, results will not be disclosed lol...

·
Registered
70 Posts
On my first tank on dealer gas I drove it down to 6 miles till empty. Filled it up with Chevron 91 octane. I fill up with gas every day, I have about a 130 mile round trip commute. Lie o meter said 30.4mpg and hand calc said 29.9. I am very happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
200 Posts
Since last August I have put 17K mi. on my 2014 ST. Driving locally I consistently get 25 mpg. Highway is around 29-30 mpg because I'm always at 80 mph.

·
Registered
78 Posts
On a slightly different note, you can expect 10 more miles once the gas gauge sez 0 miles left in the tank. It must be due to the tank shape, but the miles showing remaining, reduce at a constant rate, that is until it sez 20 miles left. It then starts to nosedive - 0 comes up pretty quick.
But rest assured, once it does, you actually have about 10 miles left. So in actuality, 20 miles left remaining, probably IS 20 miles, just don't trust the gauge accuracy from that point.

Last week I traveled to Lake Chautauqua, NY and thought for sure I would have enough gas to make it to our room - 40 miles from our destination with 60 miles left in the tank. At 20 miles showing as remaining, I started getting nervous. By the time I could exit the interstate it showed 0 miles left and 10 miles left to go with nothing around but wide open spaces. I coasted up to the gas station pump. Can't cut it much closer than that!

Oh, I got 27.6 mpg on the trip with 93 octane, stage 3 tune averaging about 75 mph on the freeway, around 30 in town for a week.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I did a little road trip from Vacaville, CA to Roseburg Or and back, on the way up first tank netted, 27.0 hand calculated, second was 27.2 which included part of the way home. Final tank was 28.8. I mostly drove 65-75, but there were a couple times I went over 90 mph.

I am very pleased considering this involves lots of mountain driving which isn't conducive to mpgs. Also of note, on every tank the lie-o-meter registered .6-1.8 high vs hand calc. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435974991.024843.jpg

161 - 173 of 173 Posts