Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1941 - 1952 of 1952 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Trying to decide if I want to go either of these routes. Planning to plastidip the heels anthracite grey with metalizer too.

Spoiler and hatch painted black:

Just spoiler painted black:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Trying to decide if I want to go either of these routes. Planning to plastidip the heels anthracite grey with metalizer too.
Personally I hate plastidip anywhere on our cars. Just cheapens the aesthetic but if you are committed I understand everyone has to do what they like where appearance is concerned.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Personally I hate plastidip anywhere on our cars. Just cheapens the aesthetic but if you are committed I understand everyone has to do what they like where appearance is concerned.
This. I've been keeping an eye out on FB marketplace for a black one that someone is selling since they got a fancier one (rs or delta). Usually see them go for $100

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
When you say plasti dip, I think most people think about the original flat black finish, which looks like garbage on cars and wheels. Plasti Dip and Peel Coat have a lot of different finishes that actually look really good.

Here's my old 2011 Elantra. I don't have a better photo of the wheels how they were when I first got them, but they were brushed metal on the face and flat grey on the inside. Reason for dipping was because they had some imperfections.

Before:

After:

These may not be the best photos to showcase the detail and depth achieved, but they look 1000x times better than regular plasti dip. This was done with Peel Coat anthracite gray and metalizer. I'm going this route atm because I'm planning to upgrade my IC and have already spent too much money on my car and other things 😅 I'll probably get new wheels during the summer or in December if I can wait. Plasti dip may still not be your thing and I respect that 🍻

As far as the spoiler and hatch thing, I would use real paint for that, not plasti dip.

Reactions: oceansize
1941 - 1952 of 1952 Posts