Ford Focus ST Forum banner

41 - 60 of 843 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Buddy at the dealer just sent this pic after the windows got tinted.

Brand new to the forum.

This confirms my lust for a silver ST - dead sexy car! Congrats. I have yet to drive one but have no doubt it will live up to expectations when I do.

One question for those who own them... How is road feel through the wheel? Before my kids were born I drove an E36 M3, and one of the things I loved about that car was how communicative it was. I swear you could feel it if you ran over a quarter. I mean that in a good way. That was really the last driver's car I owned. Sold it in '05.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Brand new to the forum.

This confirms my lust for a silver ST - dead sexy car! Congrats. I have yet to drive one but have no doubt it will live up to expectations when I do.

One question for those who own them... How is road feel through the wheel? Before my kids were born I drove an E36 M3, and one of the things I loved about that car was how communicative it was. I swear you could feel it if you ran over a quarter. I mean that in a good way. That was really the last driver's car I owned. Sold it in '05.
Thanks for the compliments. No more fish bowl for me! lol

As far as driving dynamics, this is probably the best car Ive owned. Ive never driven an M series BMW so I cant compare the two, but Id have to think youd be satisfied with the ST. The handling, brakes, and chassis of the ST are of very high quality imo.

Good luck in your search and make sure to post some pics when you purchase your ST.

·
Super Moderator
10,731 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Just picked mine up and went straight to Discount Tire to have my new wheels mounted and winter tires mounted on the stock rims. 22 miles on the car. Nr XT9 mod is tint, then motor mount, tune, etc etc...

·
Registered
447 Posts
omg it's a EAP all over again!!! lovin it. I really like the Assetto Gara's on every car I see with them. I might need a set down the line. I like the color choice as well. that the matte graphite color?

definitely lighter than the stockers!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yes it is Matte Graphite and I love them too! Over 5 pounds lighter per wheel that the stock wheels. They do stick out of the wheel well a little, but it makes it look a little meaner. Just got windows tinted today and going for the clear film on the front end tomorrow. Got to get all his done before winter hits. Oh yea, motor mount and tune are ready in the garage for installation also. Busy, busy, busy...
omg it's a EAP all over again!!! lovin it. I really like the Assetto Gara's on every car I see with them. I might need a set down the line. I like the color choice as well. that the matte graphite color?

definitely lighter than the stockers!

·
Registered
719 Posts
I have the same wheels sitting here waiting for my Silver ST to arrive. Shod with 235/40R-18 Michelin Pilot Alpin PA3 XLs they weigh 43 lbs which is 8 lbs less than the stock tires/wheels have been reported to weigh!

·
Registered
447 Posts
if you can get a good side shot down the bodyline to show the ET that would be great!

·
Registered
447 Posts
damn those lights look cool. Tint is perfect too.

41 - 60 of 843 Posts