Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 684 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As with the Exhaust Thread, this thread is to put all of motor mounts on one page to get an idea of what's out there. As we all know, the factory motor mount is about as solid as a bouncing ball. Because of its softness, the it has become one of the top priorities for many tuners to replace. By replacing this mount, you can expect to see less wheel hop, and better power transfer to the wheels. A side effect of a stiffer mount is an increase in vibration which is subject to personal preference/tolerance. I personally haven't made up my mind as to which one I will get, so I will try to keep this as straight forward as possible without any opinion on any one brand or model.

MODS, Sticky?

If I missed your company, or have posted incorrect information, please pm me and I will add it/correct it.

In no particular order:
<p align="center">
Brand:STEEDA
Construction: 6061 Billet Aluminum
Durometer: 70/88
MSRP: $139.95
Photo:

Brand:CP-E
Construction: Billet CNC construction
Durometer: EPDM Bushing
MSRP: $235.95
Photo:

Brand:FSWERKS
Construction: heat treated cast aluminum
Durometer: N/A
MSRP: $119.00
Photo:

Brand:COBB
Construction: 6061 Billet Aluminum
Durometer: 85
MSRP: $159.95
Photo:

Brand:JBR
Construction: 4130 Alloy Steel
Durometer: 70, 80, 88
MSRP: $100-$125
Photo(s):
70A

80a

88a

Brand:Ford (From the Electric Focus) available from CFM and your local ford parts department
Construction: OEM Style Steel
Durometer: "2-3 times stiffer than the mazdaspeed mount
MSRP: $59.95
Photo(s):

Brand:Powerflexbusing Available from PumaSpeed
Construction: N/A
MSRP: $31.00 + VAT
Photo(s):

Brand: VIBRA-TECHNICS Available from PumaSpeed
Construction: Steel
Durometer: Rubber
MSRP: $101.42 + VAT
Photo(s):

Brand: GGR Available from PumaSpeed
Construction: Machined Billet
MSRP: $133.31 + VAT
Photo(s):

·
Super Moderator
10,053 Posts
There's the Ford Electric focus mount being used also.
That's what he is referring to as the CFM mount. Ford part # CM5Z-6068-A...available from anyone that sells Ford parts.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm installing the Cobb mount tomorrow....Would you like a review?

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
lol, your missing one of the first the JBR mount's.

Good info here... Tobad half are form EU lol... Wonder what is actualy the best overall one?

·
Registered
140 Posts
There are two parts to the motor mount. Fast parts networks puts out a upper motor mount. Mine will be here next week and the reviews seem to be quite good in combonation with the lower mount, (of your choosing). I'm running the Ford E Focus and it seems to have made a world of difference for me. I have read the threads from the JBR mounts and just wondering what the the people with the other mounts have to say???

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'd like to get one but have no idea which one to get. My thoughts would be to go for COBB or Steeda. However how hard is install?

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@ebutka

I too am torn between the Steeda and the Cobb. I think I'm leaning more towards the Cobb RMM for their busing design. The little holes have the potential to reduce NVH quite a bit over the others. It just seems to be the best choice IMO of the ones in that rice range. Otherwise, I love the engineering behind the CP-E. The lack of fundage is keeping me from that one though.

As for install, it could be easier. Easier and faster than changing the oil.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Nice thread...I just saw another thread by FSWerks that they're dropping the price of theirs to $99

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I should be installing the Steeda RMM this weekend and will give a review when I'm done.

1 - 20 of 684 Posts