Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The great throttle body debate, let the banter begin........

Behold the ecoboost throttle body in all her glory:

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm assuming there is a price involved?
dang you're too quick, i was just uploading pics from the phone and had to hop on the laptop to finish!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Daaaaammmmmnnnn ... this will go quick. I need to start remembering to keep a FoST slush fund. Would love to have this if I hadn't spent all my monies already.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just a FYI, Its actually 60mm at butterfly (OE stock is 57mm) but for some reason it's known as the 63MM EcoBoost TB...🤓

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reactions: Duece McCracken

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pretty good weight savings via your wallet.
Unfortunately I cant use it with my Mountune hose setup, but it works with the OE stock hoses and CPE or ProAlloy cold side hard pipes.

Reactions: Duece McCracken

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Original plan was to max bore it out and buy the Pro Allow full hose kit but just not economically feasable when I'm already invested in the Mountune stuff. Heck, just the IC to TB cold pipe is $242 from Pro Alloy plus $100 to Max Bore. For now Ill stick with my OE TB and Mountune FMIC with their full hose upgrade. If I could do it all again from start I would get the ProAlloy FMIC with their full hose upgrade and then bore out the EB TB and custom tune.

·
Registered
597 Posts
A. Item for sale/trade (model, specs, etc.): 63 mm EcoBoost TB Kit
B. Condition: New In box, Used, Good, Fair, Dented, etc. NEW
C. Price/What you want to trade for: $265 shipped
D. Location of item: Louisville, KY

FORD 63 MM TB KIT ALL ITEMS BRAND NEW. EVERYTHING YOU NEED IS INCLUDED.
$265 SHIPPED USA.

Focus ST Big Throttle Body Kit
I'm having to get a new roof put on the house, so I can offer you a pair of 80's aviator sunglasses and a half pack of Malboro lights in trade. I think I can pay half the shipping too.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm having to get a new roof put on the house, so I can offer you a pair of 80's aviator sunglasses and a half pack of Malboro lights in trade. I think I can pay half the shipping too.
If they're autographed by Maverick or Iceman I'll give you free shipping!

Reactions: jesse_sanders

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
not dogging bro, but ported TB is right up there with TB spacers and intake spacer, but GLWS?
Disagree, but of course I’m Monstertuned:

And it’ll work with Mishimoto silicone cold side, the cold side just needs to be trimmed and connected via coupler. Without me looking up Mountune’s, if they silicone they can be made to work.

GLWS OP

·
Registered
978 Posts
Does this fit a stock set up? If so, I'm interested. I have AM hoses & piping for bot Hot & Cold sides of the FMIC (if that helps you answer if it fits my set-up or not). Dibs :p

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
The fitment issue is due to the 2.75" EcoBoost TB diameter and most ST aftermarket silicone hoses are 2.5" to match the OE TB. The reason this fits the stock hose is because there is a hard plastic coupler on the end of oem hose which will fit in the silicone reducer coupler (2.75" to 2.5") that comes with this. It wont work with aftermarket hoses (unless they have a 2.75" opening on the TB end) because they dont have that plastic insert and you cant clamp a silicone reducer to another silicone hose, the only option is to trim the hose and put a metal joiner in there like this:

Samco Alloy Joiner 2.50" (63mm) OD

ST cold side plastic end for coupler to TB:

stock hot side pipe with NVH "donuts" from RS:

OEM cold & hot side from RS snagged from Mishi website

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
not dogging bro, but ported TB is right up there with TB spacers and intake spacer, but GLWS?
Its got a 3mm bigger bore from the start (60mm at butterfly not counting larger taper) plus you could port match to manifold (64mm) and bore an additional 2 mm at butterfly (62mm) = more air volume = add more fuel (tune dependent) = more hp

This RS owner sent his EB TB to MaxBore:

Throttle Body Thread

Reactions: jesse_sanders

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Disagree, but of course I’m Monstertuned:

And it’ll work with Mishimoto silicone cold side, the cold side just needs to be trimmed and connected via coupler. Without me looking up Mountune’s, if they silicone they can be made to work.

GLWS OP
Wow, those numbers are impressive!! Did the tuner make any changes to take advantage of the bigger TB or did the extra power come from the ecu ability to make its own limited range of adjustments??

1 - 20 of 65 Posts