Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Often times, if you get aftermarket parts installed by the dealer, it'll be under warranty still. Usually you can get stuff like bigger intercoolers and cat-back exhaust installed by them, and you're safe. Mountune works with ford as well, so most parts you get by them, are ford approved. Including tunes. Mountune has 2 different performance packages, that if purchased and installed by mountune or ford, it won't void the warrantee.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
233 Posts
Victory!!

I got a call from my attorney yesterday saying that Rowe Ford of Westbrook, Me is going to
completely refund the the $526 I paid to replace a defective fuel pump! Sadly, it cost me
$107 in attorney fees to make this happen. It's also sad that it takes the intervention of an
attorney for them to remember that there IS a 5yr/60,000 mile powertrain warranty on the
vehicles Ford sells.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Victory!!

I got a call from my attorney yesterday saying that Rowe Ford of Westbrook, Me is going to
completely refund the the $526 I paid to replace a defective fuel pump! Sadly, it cost me
$107 in attorney fees to make this happen. It's also sad that it takes the intervention of an
attorney for them to remember that there IS a 5yr/60,000 mile powertrain warranty on the
vehicles Ford sells.
Glad you got it fixed! 107 is way better than 526! Was this document useful in the case?

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
First of all, thanks to the OP for posting this. Its always good to have as much information as possible, regardless of whether or not you are looking to use it in an attempt to "fool" a Ford technician or just because you want to know more about how they operate. Second, this sparked an interesting bit of thought in my mind. About a month ago I bought a new ST and just the other day I received in the mail, from Ford, a little flyer for Ford Performance parts. It got me thinking, my car is warrantied for quite some time, why are they already trying to tempt me with upgrades?! (Thinking it would void my warranty). I could certainly understand why Ford would deny a warranty repair if they found that a 3rd party manufacturer's part, not installed by Ford, was believed to be a possible cause for damage. However, what if I were to purchase a Ford Performance (or Ford Racing or Mountune as mentioned in this document) part, from Ford, and have it installed by a Ford technician at a Ford dealership. 1) Would they even do non-repair/maintenance work? 2) If so, would using their part, installed by them, keep my car's warranty in tact?
Ford Performace parts bought and properly installed won't void your warranty. See below

https://performanceparts.ford.com/warranty/include/pdf/Select_Parts_Warranty_Statement_2017v2.pdf

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Ford Performace parts bought and properly installed won't void your warranty. See below

https://performanceparts.ford.com/warranty/include/pdf/Select_Parts_Warranty_Statement_2017v2.pdf
Noted, but if you read everything, only certain ford performance and mountune parts are covered, and they list those part numbers. Anything not listed in this document can void your warranty.

Also, the Ford Warranty Denial Guide is an actual document published by Ford Motor Company for its service technicians, I posted it here for users who have or are planning to have fully modified ST's so they know what they might be getting into.

·
Registered
98 Posts
So if by chance my turbo kicks the bucket (knock on wood), they could deny my warranty claim because of my cat-back? What about my Symposer Delete? Surely removing a potential point of failure can't void the claim...

·
Registered
224 Posts
So if by chance my turbo kicks the bucket (knock on wood), they could deny my warranty claim because of my cat-back? What about my Symposer Delete? Surely removing a potential point of failure can't void the claim...
From what I understand, as told to me by my dealer, and other things I have read online, no. They have to prove your parts caused the issue they need to fix. So if you tranny goes out, and they try to deny because you have and intake, thats bs. Now I am not sure if this applies to ALL states, but does here in CA. Some dealers will just push through warranty work even if modified because they dont want the headache(this is extremely YMMV, but I know for a fact my local Hyundai dealer would do this when I had my VT). But at the same time some dealers are raging ****s.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I didn't get this mail from Ford Performance. How long after you bought it did you get that? I've had my 3 for about a month.

·
Super Moderator
8,078 Posts
I just got done watching a video about the RS and I saw this little link in the description. Following it I discovered someone posted on the RS forums about this actual Ford Motor Company documentation describing how our warranty claims get handled! I saved a personal copy, then did a quick search to see if anyone posted it here. To my honest surprise I couldnt find anything, so here is my little (late) Christmas gift to all of you! KNOWLEDGE!!!! Reading this will give you a better understanding of how Ford handles our modified cars, and will help you choose which mods are wisest and safest to use for your particular application! From reading this, the simple resonator delete I have seems 100% harmless, provided the tech knows what it looks like on the inside and how it works, if he doesnt, SHOW HIM/HER PICTURES.

Knowledge is power, if you are already modified, you might find knowing how Ford handles your car to give you an edge and be better prepared to defend yourself should the need arise!

Merry (belated) Christmas!! And a Happy New Year everyone!!!
I didn't get this mail from Ford Performance. How long after you bought it did you get that? I've had my 3 for about a month.
If you see in the other post I quoted, the original post, he didn't receive it. Someone on the RS Forums found it or had it sent to them or something...this is not something Ford would send to you in the mail lol they don't want us to know their "process"

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I was talking about the guy who got the FordPerformace parts mailer after he got his ST.
Call the dealer you bought it from and tell them you never got your new st packet in the mail, you should have gotten that, the st academy invite, a parts and accessories catalog and a slip for your car telling what number it is of all st car produced for the color you own. Not sure if that is standard practice for all dealers but mine sent me all that, I also got a special offerings catalog because my dealer premods cars for sale and sent me a catalog of what they offer.

#bestdealerever

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can someone please repost or reshare this guide or troubleshoot guide for me, because its telling me the attachment is broken 😑

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Bump, please rehost.
Can someone please repost or reshare this guide or troubleshoot guide for me, because its telling me the attachment is broken ��
I just checked the file and downloaded it myself, everything seems to be in working order. @brian60 can you verify if the file is corrupt to other users? if so Ill reupload.

·
Super Moderator
8,078 Posts
Can someone please repost or reshare this guide or troubleshoot guide for me, because its telling me the attachment is broken ��
Bump, please rehost.
I just checked the file and downloaded it myself, everything seems to be in working order. @brian60 can you verify if the file is corrupt to other users? if so Ill reupload.
Just downloaded it on my PC and also my phone just fine and both opened without issues as a PDF properly. Not sure what would be going on as to why people are getting issues...that's odd. Unless it was just an intermittent site issue or something

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
The search bar didn't give me an answer to this, so sorry if this has been covered before.

Now that we have (through this guide, which was a super interesting read) documentation of the method by which Ford techs can determine if you've returned your PCM to stock tune, does anyone know if the IGNCNTR value is re-written to be the previous value when you unmarry your AP, or is it just reset to 0?
Also, is this a value that can be read from the AP in the diagnostic menu, or does it just interpret codes?

·
Registered
3 Posts
And people are wondering why there engine fails 😂. I think that some of the reasons people have issues,is,they are young with limited economy. They get a ceap tune from someone that is not qualified,they put on AL sorts of aftermarket parts with out getting a new map. This is not ford's fault. I have had several turbocharged cars over the last 20 years,never had a engine failure. My Dailey drive is a mondeo that I bought new in 2011,it's the 2.0 tdci. Tuned from New,200hp-400nm. One has to go to a tuner that can se the limit of the engine and tune there after,with a safe map. If you are going to push the envolope further,the cheapest thing in the long run is to rebuild engine++++. And also there get a tune that's well inside the limit of components,then it will last.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old post, but i was reading through ford's document and on page 20 they show a picture of a sound symposer delete plate and they claim it falls under PCV modification.....

21 - 40 of 43 Posts