·
Registered
2,522 Posts
25#

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have always been interested in the fusion wheels that look similar to the Euro 19' premium wheels. Anyone have any pics of those wheels on there ST? I saw a ST that had the multispoke Fusion wheels and it looked pretty good!

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
This looks fantastic. I just picked up a 2nd set of snowflakes off Craigslist and this was my 1st thought for my Hot Pepper Red. Thanks for posting the pics.
Bronze and red would look soooo good. Red was my first color choice, but I ended up with Magnetic. I'm happy with it but kind of jealous of the idea of your color combinations. Thanks for the positive feedback.

·
Registered
65 Posts
These? https://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-wheels-tires/19330-fusion-19-rims-st.html

And agreed on the multispoke Fusion wheels. I'm eyeballing a set of black ones for my winter setup.
These are the ones i was thinking of:
https://www.hubcaphaven.com/p/23461/aly10120-ford-fusion-wheel-hyper-silver-hs7z-1007a.html

I do like those 19's! I would love to know what any of these wheels weigh. I don't care about overall performance that much, but have felt the draw back of having heavy wheels.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
The FoST is a little chubby by my standards, but unsprung mass can have a huge impact on general ride quality. My wife once had a Carbio, 2850ish lb curb weight. I went from steelies on heavy continenetals to OEM alloys on Kuhmos lightest wet friendly 400TW, shaving a total of 10lb per corner, and the ride went from semi rough and often unsettled to smooth as a Buick regal yet more grippy at a slight loss of on center feedback.

When cast aluminum weighs as much as stamped steel I'd rather have the stamped steel. Stamped steel is stronger and more durable than pot cast aluminum, that's why cop cars use steel rims.

Plenty of manufacturers contract good, flow formed wheels. They may not be Hypergrams, but real weight savings can be had for minimal cost increase. I'm not sure why this is such a foreign concept to Ford.
I do love my hypergrams LOL

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I was looking at the 19" Focus ST Wheels as well... Problem is, FORD UK doesn't ship to the US. Trying to find a similar design on the aftermarket.
Have you tried finding them on UK or German ebay? When i was piecing together my current set of wheels, I bought one from Germany and almost bought one from the UK before finding my last one stateside. If you want the wheels, dont be afraid to get creative in your searching. The one I bought from Germany was actually cheaper than the final one i bought here in the states. I am all for making unique/rare wheels happen :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have you tried finding them on UK or German ebay? When i was piecing together my current set of wheels, I bought one from Germany and almost bought one from the UK before finding my last one stateside. If you want the wheels, dont be afraid to get creative in your searching. The one I bought from Germany was actually cheaper than the final one i bought here in the states. I am all for making unique/rare wheels happen :)
I did find a set on UK eBay yesterday... To have them shipped to my door DHL was $1800 🤯... Couldn't fork that over all at once. Hopefully, I'll be able to find them cheaper 🤷🏾‍♂️

They are definitely a game changer to have stateside though.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I did find a set on UK eBay yesterday... To have them shipped to my door DHL was $1800 🤯... Couldn't fork that over all at once. Hopefully, I'll be able to find them cheaper 🤷🏾‍♂️

They are definitely a game changer to have stateside though.
yeah $1800 puts you into nicer quality than oem Ford wheels, however cool/unique they are 😂

21 - 35 of 35 Posts