Ford Focus ST Forum banner

121 - 126 of 126 Posts

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Alternatively, you
Bring it to me, I’ll fix it. And write up an invoice for that shop to pay for repairs. I’ll make sure to document and charge generously 😈
Well it's been fixed back to what should work, not sure what the rattle is now. You could check it over?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Lengthy drive to diagnose an exhaust rattle. I’m not opposed to it but if you have a way of getting under your car I’d just tap around on things with your hand give it little shakes while you’re slithering around under it until you hear it. If you tap your resonator with your fist or palm of your hand and it sounds like there’s something inside it loose then your Baffle split.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Lengthy drive to diagnose an exhaust rattle. I’m not opposed to it but if you have a way of getting under your car I’d just tap around on things with your hand give it little shakes while you’re slithering around under it until you hear it. If you tap your resonator with your fist or palm of your hand and it sounds like there’s something inside it loose then your Baffle split.
Baffle split?? In my mbrp resonator? Would they replace that??

·
1,512 Posts
Baffle split?? In my mbrp resonator? Would they replace that??
A weld broke on my friend's MBRP aluminized exhaust. Not sure if it was corrosion related.

You'll have to first see what the issue is then contact mbrp directly with an explanation to see if it will be covered at all.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
A weld broke on my friend's MBRP aluminized exhaust. Not sure if it was corrosion related.

You'll have to first see what the issue is then contact mbrp directly with an explanation to see if it will be covered at all.
Supposedly I have a lifetime warranty, so I reached out, there does happen to be an internal rattle as if something is inside there, on top of the surface rattle near the downpipe.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
I really hope the rattle isn't my cat being jackhammered into the subframe.

121 - 126 of 126 Posts